California Superdelegate Promises Obama or Hillary Vote for $20 million

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by TexasT, May 9, 2008.

1. TexasT

TexasT Devil's Advocate >:) Forum Contributor Forum Contributor

Yahoo!

Don't really know what to think about this...it's super shady.

2. just_a_car

just_a_car G&G Newbie

Wait, I thought our political process was free from corruption and bribery!?

...oh, sorry, lost my bearing for a second; nevermind.

3. All sorts of stuff . . . .

. . . . goes on that is so much more subtle.
    Promises for jobs, business connections, future government
    positions in the next administration are just some of
    the things that political conventions have produced.

It is so often a dirty business of future pledges for
    delivery of power in the present.

4. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

If the Repubs did this, the Demwits would scream bloody murder.

5. Hope it comes back and hurts both that guy and the Dem. party itself.

6. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

Dems don' t care about such moral decisions. After all, it's just a shade of grey.

7. I'm finding the ones that vote for them don't or must not either?

8. TexasT

TexasT Devil's Advocate >:) Forum Contributor Forum Contributor

That delegate is totally out of line. He should give O/H his vote under the premise that he thinks they will be best for the country, not who will give him money to essentially keep him in office. That's politics for you.

9. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Guess buying votes isn't illegal ?

10. ... and where is the ethics committee? Oh wait, they've been bought out too, probably with George Soros's money ... especially given the party involved.

11. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

Buying votes and allowing the dead to vote for decades is an old Demo-rat tradition.

12. Oh please...

13. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

If you insist. George Soros is one of the major contibutors of all things liberal in America, esp the Demo-rat party. (and you probably wonder why gun owners despise liberals so much.)

George Soros - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gun control

Directly and through his organization Open Society Institute (OSI), he has funded various gun control organizations, such as the Tides Foundation, the HELP Network and SAFE Colorado. He and seven friends founded their own political committee — Campaign for a Progressive Future — and spent $2 million on political activities in 2000, including providing the prime financial backing for the Million Mom March. OSI has supported UN efforts to create international gun control regulations and has singled out the United States for failing to go along with other countries on national gun control measures.[

14. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

That old saying is so true....

"We have the best politicians money can buy!" :eek:wned2:

15. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

America has the best politicians money can buy.

Sorry Big Dog, when I started typing your post wasn't there. Wasn't trying to steal your comment.

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  16. Figures you'd be defending George Soros.

17. JohnBlaze

JohnBlaze Guest

Didn't some guy get arrested last election for selling his vote on ebay?

I'm a republican myself, but there's plenty of skeletons hanging in the old republican closet as well, Mitch. Want me to name a few?

found the article

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  18. patrick70

patrick70 G&G Addict

I would'nt be suprised at all.

I don't think enough people read between the lines.

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  19. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

Go for it.

(1) Be sure to provide cites so that one might
    (2) Try to differential between Repubs who do bad, and get punished, and those that get off.

Demo-rats don't punish their politicians. They let them stay in office , like Teddy and Slick Willie.

20. Larry, that's complete nonsense and you know it. I'm not "defending George Soros," I'm dumping on people who make nonsensical claims about ethics committees being "bought out." And they deserve it.

What ethics committee, for starters? And where is the slightest evidence that said mysterious ethics committee has been "bought out?" It's mudslinging, pure and simple.

I've said it before: it's despicable to declare open season on people and slander them endlessly with lies or unproven allegations, simply because you don't like them. There are still those few of us out here who think the truth is important.