CAMOUFLAGE!!

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Wolf7, Mar 9, 2019.

Pick one of these Camo's..

1. Woodland BDU

10.7%
  2. ACP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Tiger Stripe

10.7%
  4. OD Green

7.1%
  5. Marine Digital

14.3%
  6. Other choice....

57.1%
  1. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Arkansas

And here is what I have currently made by Propper Inc. but it's Nyco ripstop and not the best for summer. Cotton ripstop or thin cotton twill would be better imho. IMG_20190810_101354.jpg

2. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

This shirt...
    upload_2019-8-10_15-48-57.jpeg
    and these pants....
    [​IMG]

jerry, Dutch, big shrek and 1 other person like this.

3. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Alberta
    I have that very jacket! And the bibs. For the money, they can't be beat. I can sit still until I get hungry.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  4. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

Rocky wants the camo. I'll take the gun!

Rocky7 likes this.
  5. Wolf7

Wolf7 G&G Evangelist

Florida
    Tru Spec
    Ripstop material, 100%Cotton
    Assembled in Honduras FROM USA Materials.
    I have this tirger stripe BDU Top with a Flag and the Last name tape sewn on it. I haven't Found the Velcro to sew on it yet, when i do I'll likely take my last name off and just velcro it on, and add a Possible area to velcro to on the left sleeve. Seems a Lil Hot here in my neck of the woods at times, like during summer like today with temps at 95, heat index of 107 and high humidity. but its a really Good Camo for my area, OD Green and Tigerstripe is what i would lean to and then the many civilian types like Mossy oak and Realtree.. i like Khaki, brown, od green or Tigerstripe as Pants.. following up closely by other types and Brands. The sun, foliage, shade, and dirt seem to blend in the khaki, brown and the Od Green PANTS better in my opinion.. with a Camo top. it is my opinion only that if you walk through the woods or a clearing in head to toe Woodland Camo, Tigerstrip, marpat or any other you'll stand out more than if you have just that camo top and solid type pant possibly dirt covered..
    Something to ponder.. a tree is brown down low, green up top.. as most plants are brown low, with green top. But most is green looking across a Open field at the wood line.
    Be the "grey man".. blend in, try not to stick out..
    In the city though Camo works less..

20190810_220545.jpg

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    animalspooker likes this.
  6. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

I just finished reading an article on deer eyesight. Red and orange are virtually invisible to them, but certain greys, blues, purples and greens stand out.

Another study determined the classic red check flannel was as good of a choice for hunting as most modern camo patterns.

Dutch and blaster like this.
  7. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Arkansas
    I always mix up camo patterns anyways. I got more different camo patterns than I can remember and my battle belt has mixed color pouches on it.

Wolf7 likes this.
  8. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Evangelist

[​IMG]

I use the Atacs FG and the desert camo. I’ve had good luck with it.

Ten Man likes this.
  9. Dutch

Dutch G&G Evangelist

CO
    This is the correct answer. Avoid blues and colors containing blues.

I do own modern camo jackets and pants, but mostly because it’s easier to put on something cheap from Walmart than argue about it in deer camp. I typically go out in tan or brown carhart overalls and a light camo jacket. My boots are brown too.

blaster likes this.
  10. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Evangelist

Hunting in states that require you to wear Blaze orange, I see no reason to wear camo. I'll be hunting in Colorado this year and Blaze orange is required. My uncle was sending me links to some high end hunting clothing and I told him I just don't see the reason when it's going to be covered in bright orange.
    In Nevada though there is no requirement for blaze orange so you can cover yourself head to toe.

Dutch likes this.
  11. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Depending on the amount of orange required, a good camo could still be useful to break up the human outline a bit. Critters hate the human shape. And eyes, eyes are high on their dislike list.

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game mobile app

Brandhard likes this.
  12. Wolf7

Wolf7 G&G Evangelist

Florida
    Seen a You Tube Video recently.
    The OCB, ACP or ACUs or ABUs.. whatever that are cheap and ugly were dyed in a Green dye, water and Vinegar solution. Turned out not to bad for woodland camo. Liked the Results, now if only i can get my paws again on a Set.

Heres one interesting video

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  13. 46camper

46camper G&G Enthusiast

US
    In my area the original mossy oak bottom land. My second choice is outfitter camp pattern. If know one is sure it’s a woodland pattern that has light,dark grey and some light browns. Maybe even a small amount of black. OD green is another. The OCP multi cam. I like also in my area the multi cam is best used with other camo. I mix my camo patterns a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Basically, our government could instantly save millions and salvage the most useless camo pattern of all time with a little bit of RIT die.

I'd love to see the same thing done in tan.

15. 46camper

46camper G&G Enthusiast

US
    Yea . Don’t know why the army picked grey. The digital would have been effective if it would had a little tan in the pattern. The army did ok with the OCP multi cam. Or scorpion . What ever it’s called now.

16. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Evangelist

17. alleyyooper

alleyyooper G&G Evangelist

Michigan
    Goggle cedar swamp pattern camo and see what you get. I got squat, so just try to stay real low and use a tree trunk pattern.

I got a sears blaze orange hunting suit when Michigan passed the law. Thought this isn't going to work for squat. Had my picture taken in black and white film and was suprized what turned out.
    Went and sat againes my favorite Beech nut tree and had another black and white picture taken.
    I nearly dissapeared and would have if it were not for my face and eyes.
    Shot a buck 8 steps away that year.

Al

Dutch likes this.
  18. cooker300

cooker300 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

NW PA
    I live in Pennsylvania and for most of are hunting you have to have at least 250sq inches of blaze orange. When hunting deer,bear, an small game.
    But I do wear camo pants to hunt in hunting season mainly becasue if I get them dirty or bloody im not ry to concerned. I'm currently on a old school camo kick like the original mossy oak bottomland or tree stand patterns

19. 46camper

46camper G&G Enthusiast

US
    The Mossy Oak Bottomland is probably the best camo pattern . It works well for my area and type of terrain . Also I think the military OCP pattern works good in my area in the fall. Late season favorite camo pattern in my area I like the outfitter camo .
    Also I do a lot of mixing my camo patterns