close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Camp 9 Ejection

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Will, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Will

Will G&G Newbie

Love my Camp 9, but it seems to eject the spent brass before the gas pressure in the chamber has vented enough through the muzzle. As a result I get powder residue on my hands, down the magazine and all over the ejection port. It also flings the brass into the next county, but I can live with that.

I've tried the stoutest recoil spring that Wolf Gunsprings sells, and that made it harder to pull back the bolt, but little else. Seems to me the bolt just needs a tad more mass so that it accelerates rearward a little slower, giving the bullet and gas a little more time to exit the muzzle before the empty cartridge clears the chamber.

I usually shoot standard UMC FMJ.

Anyone have thoughts on solutions?

Will

2. hipowr

hipowr G&G Newbie

NE PA
    I'm not sure there really is a solution. It is a blowback action after all. The Marlin Camp Carbines were well known to blow a lot of soot into the action. I really believe its just the nature of the beast. If you slow it down too much, it won't really function very reliably.

later,
    AJ

3. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

You might try the Winchester "clean burn" ammo. Looking into the case after firing, there is virtually no soot. Amazing stuff.
    However, my Maadi Cadet doesn't like Winchester 9mm. Shoots much better with UMC.

4. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

My Camp 45 put a lot of soot in the action too. I sold it and bought an SKS-D for less money.

5. Blackjack

Blackjack G&G Newbie

I'm now offering replacement recoil buffers for the camp 45 & 9 if you need any.
    [​IMG]

6. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Do you make 10/22 buffers Randy?

7. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

OOps...never mind...I see that you do...

[​IMG]
    Ruger 10-22 RECOIL~BUFFER
    - Replaces factory steel bolt stop pin

- Less felt recoil, quieter action

- Reduces wear and stress on receiver

:right: