Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has no markings that I can find. Nothing to indicate caliber. Seems to be in good condition. I would love to know more about it, but can not seem to find anything that looks quite like this via Google searches.
Tool Household hardware Hand tool Gas Metalworking hand tool
Tool Finger Hand tool Tongue-and-groove pliers Composite material

·
Resident Curmudgeon
36,355 Posts
It's a caplock pocket pistol for personal defense, probably circa 1850. Possibly English, possibly Belgian. Pedersoli produced a pistol very similar to that for the collector/re-creationist market a few years ago. I don't think this is a replica, but without some markings I doubt we can help you all that much.

·
Registered
23,102 Posts
It appears to be a "Hero" derringer. American Standard Tool, and Manhattan Fire Arms sold these, and copies were made in Eibar. These were called "the poor man's derringer". They were ludicrously cheap .32 to .36 caliber pistols.

Wood Metal Gun accessory Tool Font

Brass ones in this condition go for between $50 and $70, and steel/iron frame ones go for $70 to $125.

Unfortunately, yours appears to be a Spanish clone.

·
Registered
352 Posts
It appears to be a "Hero" derringer. American Standard Tool, and Manhattan Fire Arms sold these, and copies were made in Eibar. These were called "the poor man's derringer". They were ludicrously cheap .32 to .36 caliber pistols.

View attachment 180230

Brass ones in this condition go for between $50 and $70, and steel/iron frame ones go for $70 to $125.

Unfortunately, yours appears to be a Spanish clone.
You're handy to have around you know that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts