can anyone identify this automatic weapon

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by HarleyRenegade, May 22, 2008.

1. HarleyRenegade

HarleyRenegade G&G Newbie

I have this full auto weapon that is missing the reciever..pretty much everything else is there..The problem is I do not know what it is..looks to be maybe korean war era.Has plastic pistol grip and stock... apears to be german made ( full auto selection is marked with an 'E'...can anyone identify it? I have uploaded some pics to the web at this link... You guys helped me to identify the HK g3 full auto parts I found hope someone can help me with this one.

My Public Shoebox pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

2. looks a bit like a HK g3 to me

3. You might wanna be carefully about fixing it full auto weapons are a big no no in the us and other parts of the world with out a special permit. A guy I was talking to at the range who I let shoot my my 10/22 wanted to know how hard it was to make full auto and I told him I didnt know and wasnt interested in finding out lol. The guy who runs the range was there and nearly look the guys head off for thinking about turning a semi auto into a full auto with out a class 3 permit I think. I cant remember if thats the right one this happened a few months ago.

4. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

5. just_a_car

just_a_car G&G Newbie

+1. It's an FN FAL.

I would suggest looking around on how to legally make sure it's semi-auto and legal to assemble in regards to 922(f).

Definitely NOT a G3.

6. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

Actually what you Have is an STG-58 FN/FAL...It has The Major Stoll Flashhider ...Austrian.
    Rich

7. It's a FAL

Got news for you, it is not missing the receiver!! only thing that looks missing is the Breech block! I'm assuming that the gas piston & spring is still where it should be.

Has a bit of the top receiver been cut or machined off, it is not too clear on the piccys; the bit where it mates to the lower receiver?

Under UK law you would be in possession of a section 5 full auto weapon unless it was deactivated to current legislation and you had a certificate to prove it.

Is there anybody knocking on your door yet??

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  8. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

dimwits at the range always ask me how easy would it be to turn one of my firearms into an automatic weapon?
    my response is always the same.
    how does a nice healthy stretch in a federal pen grab ya?
    dont talk to me anymore if that is all you want to know.

9. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Hey, there's nothing wrong with a 5 year vacation. All expenses paid, and a great bunch of guys too!

10. Quest over, it has been identified as STG-58 Austrian FN/FAL.

I'm sure that you are one of the fortunate few allowed to hold selective fire/full auto firearms. I wish I was.