close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Can you guess which organization this is?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, May 27, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Can you imagine working at the following Company?

It has a little over 500 employees with the following statistics:

29 have been accused of spousal abuse
    7 have been arrested for fraud
    19 have been accused of writing bad checks
    117 have bankrupted at least two businesses
    3 have been arrested for assault
    71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
    14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
    8 have been arrested for shoplifting
    21 are current defendants in lawsuits
    84 were stopped for drunk driving ( in 1998 alone)

Can you guess which organization this is?

It's the 535 members of your United States Congress.:confused:

2. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Looks like just the House of Representatives, to me.

3. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Ah man !...I had it cold !....just this one time.

4. Nahhhhhhh--Not our government. Just when I thought there were upstanding moral people running this country. I am stunned.

Last edited: May 28, 2002
  5. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Politician = Criminal in my Book we currently have 50 of them in TN that are trying to pass an illegal income tax. We had a sex offender as a President. A certified Liar as a VP. A senator who has killed people while driving drunk (T. Kennedy)

6. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

His record was wiped off but it's not clean.

Are we allowed to take pot shots at both democrats and republicans. If so, we can't overlook George W. Bush's earlier life of crime, too. Was it drugs or liquor?

Thanks to his family money his record has been wiped off but not clean.

Don't like to generalize but why do so many politicians (of both parties) have similar backgrounds to the rest of the human race?

Oxford:nod:

7. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Really? Exactly what life of crime? What evidence? There is PLENTY of evidence against Kennedy, Gore, Brown, and both Clintons. What evidence do you have against Bush? Other than unfounded Democrat rumors.

8. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Gore and the Clinton's have been a mockery to the idealism of American government. They've set us back plenty. Now who is Brown? Was it the Brown from California?

To comment on your question re: George W. Bush, I don't consider him, or any other politician, democrat or republican, a saint, either. Think it has to do do with them thinking they're above the same rules that the rest of the American citizens have to follow.

My (undisclosed) source regarding George W. Bush provided me with the following statement. Take it for what it's worth.

"The underground story is that it was cocaine. A book on it was scheduled to come out by a major publisher and, so the story goes, Daddy Bush went to the publisher and offered them 4 times the money that they expected to make on the book. It was never published. Is this true? Who knows?"

This wouldn't be the first time something like this got swept under the rug by someone with money.

Last edited: May 28, 2002
  9. johno

johno G&G Newbie

Whether it's true or not, i still think Bush is a saint when compared to such traitors as Clinton, Gore and Brown. he may not be a saint in and of himself, but compared with them, definitely.
    undisclosed source = unfounded democrat rumour?

at least if it's true it's his past "life of Crime" the democrats life of crime is quite alive, well and well documented.

10. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

YEAH! DON'T BE "DISSING" MY MAN THE BUSHMEISTER!!!!

11. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

Bush DUI

Bush has a record of DUI 20 yrs ago. He was guilty, plead guilty, paid his fine and done his time. Has not repeated the offense (that we know of) and has no other criminal record that we know. As for the accusations of drugs, I have heard rumors but they were never substantiated. Personally I think it has some truth to the story based on some of the things GW has said. People are not perfect and everyone does stupid SH*T when they are young and even when they are older. Its how you learn from these experiences and mature that makes you a credible person on which a nation can build its trust.

It also has alot to do with which one I think is less of a schmuck when its time to vote. And if GW was really as much of a bum as the dems claimed he was then they would have uncovered it. Look at all of the dirt found on Clinton. All the dems could do was to bring up some 20 yo DUI that he plead guilty to.

12. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Some young people do the strangest things

Phacopsrana: Your point is well taken. That was one of the things I had heard, too.

A lot of dumb things are done by some young people and some old people due to being, inexperienced, nieve, stupid, and "immortal" so they think. Most become productive citizens and would like to forget those indiscretions.

Others, especially those who get into politics, find that life's garbage doesn't go away. The most damaging things keep being dug up to be faced again, only this time publicly.

Oxford

13. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

Exactly

Which is why you will never see me run for office of any type, that and the fact I am too much of an *** to ever get elected. I don't believe in BS - I tell it like it is.