Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping that somebody can help me. I have an older Savage .22. It has a hexogonal barrel. I can not find a model # on it anywhere. A friend of mine that has some knowledge of rifles disassembled it and said something about it being hand filed and that the serial # we found was hand stamped. It is a .22 short, long and long rifle. It is a pump action with a clip and has a scope, model # 329 made by the W.R. Weaver company. Any help would be great. THANKS!

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,197 Posts
According to the 2004 Standard Catalog of Firearms, the only Savage pump-action with octagon barrel and box magazine is the Model 1903 - made from 1903 to 1922. Values: Exc. $350 VG. $275 Good $200 Fair $100

Nothing else really said. Cute little rifle.

Is it shootable? What is the overall condition?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rifle needs cleaned, but is in great shape and is shootable. The scope's cross hairs are messed up. I am not sure what happened. I have heard that the scope did not come with the rifle, and is from about 1945 or so. Thanks for your help with this.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,197 Posts
That old Weaver scope should be repairable. I don't have the info myself just now, but one of the other guys can probably tell you where the service company is for the old vintage Weavers. I don't think the current Weaver company repairs the oldies anymore.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This same gun was given to me by my girlfriend after her father passed away. It is in good shape and functional, but it's missing the clip/magazine. Any ideas where I might be able to get one? Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts