close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Can You pick out the Amercian in this article?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Armorer, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Armorer

Armorer Guest

Stolen from another board, You boys had to see this:

Excerpt from a recent live radio interview on one of the regional Welsh stations:

A female newscaster is interviewing the leader of a Youth club:
    Interviewer:- So, Mr. Jones, what are you going to do with these children on this adventure holiday?

Jones:- We're going to teach them climbing, abseiling, canoeing, archery, shooting...

Interviewer:- Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible isn't it?

Jones:- I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the range.

Interviewer:- Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

Jones:- I don't see how, we will be teaching them proper range discipline before they even touch a firearm.

Interviewer:- But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

Jones:- Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute but you're not one are you?

Needless to say, the interview was terminated almost immediately....

2. Whoever it was that was an awesome comeback. Shut that bi tch up real quick!!!!

3. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    If I remember correctly, this gentleman was a prior service Marine, I could be wrong. I do remember taking it directly to our resident retired Marine at work. BTW, Armorer it's not stealing. It's selective requisitioning:)

4. Whoever he is it was a great comeback!

5. I'm gonna guess Colin Powell.

6. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

That guy has my nomination for president!!!!

7. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

I'm with jerry, I too recall it being a former or active military officer or NCO. Awesome comeback - shut her up real fast.

8. I wracked and wracked my brain on the question and, at first I thought it might have been Colin Powell.

After thinking about it for the better part of three hours I've got to change my mind and name another guess.....another "great" military man....General Reinwald? Did I spell his name correctly?

BTW, from what I remember of the 'incident' it is an urban legend....but a nice story, indeed and, I'm not so sure a General Reinwald ever existed.

But, like I said it is a great story, nonetheless.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2002
  9. I'm don't know who general Reinwald is but thats who is credited with saying that. I also saw this some time ago. Hope its a true story.

10. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

Urban Legend - Its an old one at that!