Canik?

Discussion in 'Manufacturers' started by Jacket44, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Jacket44

Jacket44 G&G Evangelist

Tx
    8C65E9F2-E27D-433D-BDBD-1F81F43E2DD1.jpeg Anyone have one?
    I just shot a demo Canik TP9SFX the other day, and I was impressed!

austinjoe13, ChaZam and blaster like this.
  2. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Have not shot one yet but I keep hearing nothing but good things. Especially for the larger full sized and competition models.

I get the impression (I think a lot of people do) that it's probably one of the most underrated pistols out there because it's made in Turkey etc and lots of people have not heard of them yet but they have been out and in the US for a couple years now. I think people are starting to finally catch on to them now.

They are pretty competitive in their pricing compared to the competition out there and a lot of people say they give you a whole lot for the price point they are selling them for.

Plenty of good reviews on them on youtube by several of the bigger gun reviewers etc if people want to see more.

blaster and Jacket44 like this.

3. Jacket44

Jacket44 G&G Evangelist

Tx
    Well I just ordered one, should be here next week to pick up!
    I’ll try and remember to post up how she does, along with a range report.

The day I shot the demo gun which was dirty even when I got it, The TP9SFX, I bought the exact one, they had one there for sale but I knew I could get one at a better price than what they had listed of $535.00. Mine was $470.00 tax and everything. There’s would have been another 40 in tax. Think the tax rate here in Texas is 8-10%.
    I was very impressed with the demo for sure! Nice trigger, break fairly short, reset nice, there was a very subtle feeling of crunchy till break but it was very very minimal. Matter of fact I had to concentrate to feel it there, but it was there. Good news is you don’t have to pull long to get through it.
    It was super easy to remain on target, super smooth and actually felt really light in my hand. My Glock 19 felt like noticeably heavier compared to it.
    The only issue was it had a failure to knock the slide back upon an empty mag. But seemed to work better with 124 grain rounds. I shot some of my reloads at 115 grain, Winchester’s Fiocchi 115, and Magtech 124 grains through it, and ran all of em.
    My grouping considerably tighter to the Glock also were all either Bullseye or the inner ring 9 at 14-15 yards. The Glock was close but had a 2 just out of 9 ring. But that was probably shooter error. But grouping wasn’t as tight and not as many ringers.

TACAV likes this.
  4. Nodpete

Nodpete G&G Evangelist

IL.
    I've had the Canik C-100 in 9mm for a couple of years now and I must say it is a pleasure to shoot. It was accurate right out of the box. It's my EDC unless it's over 85 degrees then I go to my FEG PA 63. I think you'll enjoy yours.

Jacket44 likes this.
  5. Jacket44

Jacket44 G&G Evangelist

Tx
    Thanks for the feedback! Some of these guns that are being made overseas I am finding are the real deal! I have a Grand Power K100 and that is an awesome pistol! Very well made and accurate too! I’m very impressed with it! I was sure impressed with this 9sfx that’s for sure.

6. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

They are coming along nicely. Very reasonably priced and getting great reviews. Have held them, but not shot one.

Jacket44 likes this.
  7. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I have been looking at them for a few years now. Way too long. I think I should buy one soon as I am thinking about a new 9mm

blaster and Jacket44 like this.
  8. Jacket44

Jacket44 G&G Evangelist

Tx
    All the reviews of just about any firearm they’ve made have been good.
    When I shot the demo, and realized it was a shooter, I figured since interest is climbing on em I’d better just get one before they go up in price or demand too high to keep up on em.

9. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

talked my daughter into buying her husband one 3-4 years back it come with 2 mags, a case, and a holster [plus maybe a cleaning rod] for 300$.
    would have got myself one, but I had just bought a pair of Para 1911's the week before, and didn't want to press my luck.
    I have shot it a number of times and the trigger reminds me of the one on my CZ-75.

once you get used to them, and where they shoot, they ain't all that bad.

rando and Jacket44 like this.
  10. Jacket44

Jacket44 G&G Evangelist

Tx
    The demo I shot was right in the money, heck comes with its own holster, extra back strap, and I think 2 20 round mags!
    That’ll bout empty out half a box of ammo! Lol

11. Dutch

Dutch G&G Evangelist

CO
    I’ve got two of them, different models. Both are excellent pistols. I’ll post pics with the correct model number later tonight once I’m home. I think Canik is undervalued still, which is good for people looking to purchase.

Both of mine were purchased used, but looked about as new in box as you can get.

Jacket44 likes this.
  12. Jacket44

Jacket44 G&G Evangelist

Tx
    Nice! Don’t forget pix!

13. ItstheHOFF

ItstheHOFF G&G Evangelist

I shot my buddy’s. I think it was the sf elite. I think he paid $300. It shot great to me, I liked it. Felt quality built. He’s selling it, said it was too ‘vanilla’ for him, or there was something missing he just couldn’t quite put his tongue in, or something like that

Jacket44 likes this.
  14. Jacket44

Jacket44 G&G Evangelist

Tx
    I reckon that’s just like the difference in someone liking vanilla and chocolate ice cream, some like one or the other.

15. Dutch

Dutch G&G Evangelist

CO
    Pictures look a little junky, sorry about that. I’d do better for a sales post. These are just taken on a shelf in the safe...

First is the Canik 55 T100.
    The 55 has a surprisingly pleasant double action. Light and smooth.
    5A775780-3EB3-4EA5-A00A-92DDD60774E2.jpeg

Second up is the TP9 V2.
    The TP9 is DA/SA striker fired, has a hammer drop button, and a short trigger reset.
    CB8A515A-9297-40C1-9A31-A586F70319C4.jpeg

Both are pleasant and easy to shoot.

Big Dog and Jacket44 like this.
  16. Jacket44

Jacket44 G&G Evangelist

Tx
    Those are both sweet looking pistols!
    So is the 55T100 the older of the two? Looks brand new! Both of em do!

17. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Since you have those on hand, upon field stripping and close inspection does it appear that they are reverse engineered clones or close facsimiles of something that some other manufacturer makes and sells us. Perhaps like the EAA Witness that is clearly very similar to the CZ75 but not a 100% copy or knockoff?

Jacket44 and Dutch like this.
  18. Nodpete

Nodpete G&G Evangelist

IL.
    The C-100 is a clone of the CZ75 compact, side by side it's hard to tell them apart. The CZ magazines work in my Canik.

19. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    I have a love hate relationship with Turkey which prolly translates to an unfounded prejudice for their products. I would like to hold and shoot one if I ever had the opportunity, just to prove myself silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game

Jacket44, Dutch, ChaZam and 1 other person like this.
  20. Dutch

Dutch G&G Evangelist

CO
    The TP9 has a lot of Walther features. I looked it up after your post and found the original TP9 is supposed to be a Walther P99 clone. I don't have one to compare.

I had heard a lot of Caniks are based on CZ, including my 55 T100. Which suits me fine, CZ makes good stuff.

ChaZam, blaster and Jacket44 like this.