Can't believe this has happened. Happy then sad in one day.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Oxford, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Today has been emotionally draining for me. First my new granddaughter was born alive and well.

Just about at the same time I've learned later today that my good friend Jim Stevick was killed in a freak highway accident here in North Kansas City, MO.

A low-boy tractor trailer rig hauling a catapillar had one set of his trailer duals come off and careen across Interstate 210 and hit Jim's car head on killing him instantly. Now I'm in sort of a daze emotionally. We had spent a lot of time together in the past three years and he was a good family man and friend.

This morning I was full of optimism and looking forward to the day, and then tonight even though my family situation turned out ok, my friend's death is hurting me something terrible. Got to sort out my emotions someway tonight and say a prayer for my friend's family.

I know tomorrow's got to be a better day.

Oxford

Last edited: Sep 21, 2002
  2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

sorry to hear of your lose. a new life comes into the world and one leaves, the irony of it. be strong guy

3. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

When the Lord gives us an angel he often takes one away.....

4. Ox,

You're new lil angel will need a guardian angel and now she has one in your friend.

Often things happen in life that we just can't understand and it hurts.

It's always painful to lose a loved one and friend. And sometimes it's all too difficult to believe and comprehend.

Take comfort in knowing that you two were friends and you will one day see each other again in more peaceful and happier times.

He's looking down and smiling on you now and he knew your love for him.

Rest easy, my friend.

5. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Attaboy Dale........

6. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

PAPA G, Dale, & oneastrix: I appreciate what you've said. Your words are comforting.

I know that tomorrow will be a better day. Jim's in a better place and I've got my new granddaughter to bring me joy.

I'm looking forward to seeing the sun tomorrow.

Oxford

7. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    My sincere condolences.

8. Doglips

Doglips Guest

my condolences.

9. Howdy Oxford,

I can't say it any better than Dale did.............

God Bless.

10. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Hey guys...thanks a lot!

Hey guys...thanks a lot. One day being down is too long. Got up this morning and sure enough the sun's a shin'in which made me feel 100% better. I'll be moving on today with life and enjoying my new family member.

Thanks again for all the support from the g&g gang.

Oxford:nod:

11. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Sorry to hear about your friends passing Ox. I've lost a few friends, as long as you keep their memories alive they are always with you!

12. TRUE FRIENDS

THEY ARE NEVER GONE WHEN THEY REMAIN IN OUR HEART.

GOD BLESS

DANA

13. Lenny2

Lenny2 Guest

Oxford, my condolences on your loss.

14. MarkII 22

MarkII 22 Guest

So sorry Oxford count what Dale said to me to.

15. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

My condolences for you loss OX but Congrats on the granddaughter have fun with her it should help

16. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

17. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Freak accidents totally suck. You can never prepare for that! Sorry again pal!

18. Calvin

Calvin G&G Evangelist

Terrible thing to lose a friend, Oxford. I am truly sorry to hear it.

19. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Too often, the good one's go too early. My condolences on your loss, Oxford. On the brighter side, you'll have loads of fun spoiling the youngster.