close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cant find the Machine gun forum so

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Stock Doc, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

I thought some may enjoy my before and after Bren Tripod photo's for my 30 cal Browning that I am working on. I sand blasted it then used Rust-oleum primer and paints. I lube all joints and screw areas with 130 A Lubricant and left the Blued parts as they were except for a degreasing and oiling. Hope you enjoy the photo's. Rick B

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

That looks like a very nice stand!

Can't wait to see the gun on it ;)

3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Awesome as usual !

4. I think you did one hell of a job-- how long did it take you. Are you working on the stocks in the one picture?

5. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Took about 5 days mainly because there is a 48 hour dry time between coats. The stocks are part of a culmination I have been getting and just storing for 4 years. One day I will start refinishing them most are dredges that I will bring back and allot are nice but not tight fitting. Allot are Italian ones also. Heck I have a big box of Beech ones that are ugly and oily that one day I will have to put allot of time into. Rick B

6. DaveTinNY

DaveTinNY G&G Newbie

Rick, is that tripod for the .30 cal Browning water-cooled MG?
    Very nice!
    Dave T

7. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Its for a Bren that I am useing with a adapter to mate up with the Browning 30 cal Air cool 1919A4 I am Building in Semiauto. The plate is at my Brother in-laws getting some work done. I cant wait to play with it. Rick B