close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Can't Have Too May 10mm's!

Discussion in 'General Handgun' started by gandog56, Dec 18, 2017.

1. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

You don't know me very well. I have all the mechanical aptitude of a rotten orange. I was required to take a woodworking class in junior high for industrial arts, I darned near failed it. I traded in my Ruger Mark II for a Browning Buckmark because I never could quite get the hang of reassembling it after field stripping one.The only part of the four series industrial arts courses I aced was electricity. I don't have any talent in my fat short fingered hands. If I tried sanding wood grips down I would not bet I would get them anywhere near even.

neophyte, MoDoc and big shrek like this.
  2. gandog56

Well, lets just say I got the pistol, 5 magazines, the 40 cal barrel and springs for under $400, and I cannot see even one mark of any kind on the exterior finish. Guy swore the .40 cal barrel has never been fired, and it looks like it hasn't.

neophyte, blaster and big shrek like this.

3. MoDoc

MoDoc G&G Evangelist

I've got thick hands with a rather short trigger finger, and increasingly twisted/inflamed finger joints due to arthritis. A couple months ago, I purchased a new Witness 9 mm short frame at a gun show for $280, tax included. It's polymer, fits my hand extremely well, uses CZ75B mags [which I have a bunch of], and is a sweet shooter. I really do like the CZ clones and originals, and imagine gandog is going to like his.

neophyte, blaster and Huey Rider like this.
  4. MoDoc

MoDoc G&G Evangelist

Of my awful hands or the EAA Witness? I haven't tried to post photos here in a while, but I guess I could. All I know is gandog will be really jealous when he sees photos of my new High-Point 1095 Carbine as soon as I find/purchase one. [ I know how he loves anything High-Point!]

Huey Rider and neophyte like this.
  5. gandog56

I sneer at Hi-Points!

Actually, since I owned a Hi-Point....ONCE! I don't ever plan to make THAT mistake again.:p

6. Jim Rau

Jim Rau G&G Evangelist

Can't have to many 10's! Well one would be to many for me. To big for duty or SD and to small for a good hunting round!!! No emotion here, just reality. BUT I support your right have as many as you want!!!:usa:

animalspooker and neophyte like this.
  7. DWFan

DWFan Handgunner

Will these work for you, gandog56?
    http://www.marschalgrips.com/cz75_82-thin/thincz75-82.html#cz75full

Palladin8 likes this.
  8. gandog56

I don't know, will CZ grips fit a Tanfaglio?

9. gandog56

Dang, will this cold spell AND my pneumonia go away so I can play with my new 10mm?

neophyte likes this.
  10. gandog56

Too small for a hunting round? I saw a video of Ted Nugent taking down a cape buffalo he had just wounded with his bow after it turned and charged at him. I consistently hear talk of people that use them hog hunting. How can you call it too small for hunting? If people carry a .45 for SD, why would a 10mm be too big?

neophyte and blaster like this.
  11. big shrek

big shrek G&G Evangelist

I'm not fond of their pistols, as they are massive hunks of heavy...
    but their carbines ain't bad :)

And NOW, since Dec 17th, they come in 10mm :banana
    https://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/Hi-Point-carbines/Hi-Point-10MM-black.html

Only downside is the 10-rd mag...but still, 10 rounds of 10mm is better than
    10 rounds of anything else lower than .50AE ;)

neophyte and blaster like this.
  12. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Evangelist

The to small for hunting comment may come from states that do not allow it like my state. They require a cartridge to be the same length as .44mag.

I've seen many deer and a few wild boar videos where the hunter was using a 10mm handgun. The cartridge is more than capable but many states don't see it that way.

neophyte likes this.
  13. gandog56

Which is one of the two reasons I got a TNW Aero 10mm carbine. (The other being Hi-Point EWWW!) It uses Glock mags and holds 15.

neophyte likes this.
  14. gandog56

Yeah.........but I don't live in them states!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018 at 9:05 PM
    big shrek and neophyte like this.
  15. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Evangelist

Like I said there are several states (apparently not yours) who feel the 10mm doesn't meet the minimum requirements for a hunting cartridge. I know Indiana is another one who doesn't allow it to be used.
    Which is kind of silly to me because when I hunted in Indiana the longest average shot I found was around 75yds. You could find longer shots but most of the time they were under 100yds.
    I shot my one and only "handgun deer" between 50-75yds with a 357 Magnum and factory 158gr PMC ammo. The 10mm would've been just as capable shooting at that distance. BTW that little buck didn't run but maybe 25-35yds. About as far as they ran after being hit with a 50Cal patched round ball from a muzzle loader.

16. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

information: Given; I'm a handgun ground hunter. "Need to know"

Pistols. North Carolina

l During the open hunting season for rabbits, squirrels, opossums, raccoons, furbearing animals and legal nongame animals and birds, these species may be taken with a pistol. There are no restrictions on caliber and barrel length.

l A hunter or trapper lawfully taking wildlife by another method may use a pistol to dispatch the animal or bird taken, except as noted below.

l Deer and bear may be taken with a handgun during the established gun hunting season. There are no restrictions on barrel length or caliber.

l It is unlawful to hunt or take wild turkeys with pistols.
    Rifles
    l Fully automatic rifles are unlawful. All other rifles are legal except:

- Rifles are prohibited by federal law in hunting migratory game birds. - Local laws prohibit or restrict rifles in some counties. See the

“Local Laws” section.
    - It is unlawful to hunt or take wild turkeys with rifles.

Blackpowder

big shrek and MoDoc like this.
  17. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

SEMO
    Okay, I'm not being a smart a$$, at least not this time, but I'm a lifelong 9mm guy with the occasional use of a 45ACP. Why would I want to look at the 10mm? Especially when the other two are so universally available? Sell me on it guys! I'd love to own a 10mm Glock!

18. MoDoc

MoDoc G&G Evangelist

That is the reason for me. I have no other. I have a fondness for PC carbines, and such a thing in 10 mm auto seems like a good idea. Why? Why not?

big shrek and neophyte like this.