cant make up my mind

Discussion in 'General Handgun' started by cooker300, Oct 10, 2010.

1. cooker300

cooker300 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Ok just like the title say i'm stuck.

currently i have a XD 4" 45acp. LOVE IT will never get ride of this gun.

also i have a GP 100 4" 357/38 that i hardly ever shoot. maybe 100 rounds of each caliber through it in 2 1/2 years, bought it as a close range gun for deer season.
    What i want is a Superblack 44mag 71/2 barrel or a 1911 of some sort. have been looking really hard at the springfield GI and the REM R1

problem is here, what to get im thinking very hard about tradeing in or selling the GP100 and getting one of the other 3.

if it were you what would you do?
    and i dont hvae enough XTRA cash to get either new one with out getting ride of the GP 100

2. Para Cassatt

Para Cassatt G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I would keep the GP and keep saving $. You may be able to get more value for it in a gun trade than selling it for $.

3. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Evangelist

What is it that you don't like about the GP100? What is it that you like about the other pistols? What are your intentions with the other pistols? If you are going to hunt with the BlackHawk? If you are going to hunt paper or carry the 1911's are certainly a good choice. If you are going to hunt animals then the Blackhawk is a good choice. It ultimately is your choice and if you ask yourself what it's use will be it might make it easier on you.

4. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Evangelist

MO
    Personally, I'd go with the 1911...I find that you will have a faster recover time with the .45acp than with the .44mag; and a rapid second or third shot could mean alot in a dire situation.
    It will be a difficult choice...I often think to myself, "I hardly shoot this thing, I should sell or trade for something else". Then I don't...hard to part with something I like having around...lol