close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Can't tell one horse from another.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Oxford, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

A blonde bought two horses, and could never remember which was which.

A neighbor suggested that she cut the tail of one horse and that worked
    great until the other horse got his tail caught in a bush. It tore just
    right and looked exactly like the other horse's tail and our blonde
    friend was stuck again.

The neighbor suggested she notch the ear of one horse.

That worked fine until the other horse caught his ear on a barbed wire
    fence. Once again our friend couldn't tell them apart.

The neighbor suggested she measure the horses for height.

When she did, she was very pleased to find that the white horse was 2
    inches taller than the black one.

:nod:

2. Huh! Just kidding. I liked it.

3. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Maybe she was colorblind. ;)

4. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

That ain't what the black "horses" always claim! :rolleyes:

5. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Here's a little information on color-blindness

Klaus: Obviously you don't know about being color-blind. And I realize you might have just been kidding.

As one who has lived 64 years in a different colored world, I've learned a lot about this problem.

For example...most color-blind people can tell primary colors...if light shines on the colored surface brightly. If not, there's a problem identifying them.

Another thing...black and white are definitely clear to colorblind people. Bright blues usually are clear. Pastels are almost impossible to identify clearly, especially if the object is tiny or not beside something of another contrasting color.

Reds and greens which, tend to vary in shade (such as on street lights), can be challanging, to say the least. That means the driver has to watch other cars, light position, ask other riders, which color of light is shining. I even got a traffic ticket once for running a single blinking red light in the middle of the night. The cop didn't care that I thought the light was yellow. That cost me $10 bucks.

Forget about working in any field of work requiring colorcode identification. That eliminates lots of occupations.

I've had lots of funny stories which have happened to me because of being colorblind.

The solution, from my view, is to have street lights numbered, elimiate color codes for systems which could have numbers used instead.

Bottom line...noone really gives a **** except us color blind guys. We just pass on the defective genes through our daughters and they pass the problem on to their sons. In other words, the defect is considerd a "sex linked trait". Rarely are women color blind but in a few cases this has happened.

Oxford

:nod:

6. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Yes, I was kidding. Colorblind people can tell the difference between black and white. Half the people I work with seem to have trouble distinguishing colors, or maybe I am just very sensitive.