Captured weapons-grade uranium weighing more than 33

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips Guest

Captured weapons-grade uranium weighing more than 33 pounds is on display at the paramilitary police headquarters of southeast province of Sanliurfa, Turkey, September 28, 2002. Turkish gendarmes seized the uranium and detained two men accused of smuggling the material, Anatolian Agency said. Authorities believe the uranium came from an eastern European country and has a value about 5 million U.S. dollars.

Attached Files:

2. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Scarry thing is they got caught.

3. Klaus

Klaus Guest

Where does it say it was "weapons grade" uranium? Exactly how enriched is it supposed to be? It takes about 15% for nuclear weapons. I am very skeptical that it is weapons grade uranium. I did try to read the writing on the container, but the resolution is just bad enough to make most of it illegible. There are several grades of uranium, depending on the percentage of U-235 they contain.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2002
  4. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    I gues weapons grade could mean anything. Dirty bomb, sprinkle it on the salad bar at the buffet etc.

Sources for info are important as well. Remember, the net is the biggest producer of garbage. Heard it my self on the john boy and billy bob show just this A:M :)