Carbine Hunting Stories

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Lanny, Mar 25, 2002.

1. Lanny

Lanny G&G Newbie

Does anyone have stories about using their .30 Carbine in hunting situations? Heard a crazy story about a guy who hunts wild pigs with dogs, then cuts loose on them. I've just taken mine to the local range, where I "hunted" iron chicken and pig silhouettes at 200 m. and 300 m. Didn't know you could have so much fun...in public.

2. nonskeder

nonskeder G&G Newbie

I would not use it myself but I do know that an aquaintance of mine has used it on deer and wild pigs with deadly results. He uses a Federal 110 grn soft point round nose load.

3. I think it is to light for a running wild boar with dogs in his back, in this case you need to have also a very good stopping power. 308 or 30-06 it is enought. Of course when the animal is relaxing you can kill him also with a 22. Ciao Ric.

4. LOBO

LOBO G&G Newbie

When I was a teenager I would spend my summers at my Grandads ranch. He had a real wild pig problem with his corn fields. I would go to the fields with his trusty M1 carbine (IBM) and I would nail them. I would aim for the head and it would NAIL them.

5. Lanny

Lanny G&G Newbie

Awesome, el Lobo! You mean to tell me that little 110-grainer wouldn't bounce off Porky's noggin?