care package for displaced Texans

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by jimkim, May 27, 2008.

1. What would you put in a care package for displaced Texans. I was thinking a few bags of dried chiles,a few cans of Ro*tel, some Gebhardt Eagle or Mexene chili powder. What do you send them when they live in places where the heathens don't stock real food? No offense to the heathens.

2. TexasT

TexasT Devil's Advocate >:) Forum Contributor Forum Contributor

I used to like for my mom to send me Big Red drinks when I was out of state. Good luck finding it outside of Texas. It's a drink enjoyed by a lot of central Texans.

3. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

MMmmmm, Big Red and 'niller ice cream....

4. TexasT

Blue Bell Ice cream is a Texas treat. I love the banana puddin' one. Tastes like homemade.

5. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Hey TT, we got that there Blue Bell in Okiehoma, too!! And it's dang good on a hot summer day, if we ever see another one! Ain't been eatin' much ice cream up here, 'cause it's been too dang cold! Cain't wait to see summer, and shorts, and swimmin', and...all the other stuff!

6. We have Blue Bell here too. Here is the Bigred site Big Red

7. TexasT

Oh yeah! Goes good with bbq.

Yeah, blue bell is regional. Big red...not so much. You can occasionally find it outside of Tx, but not that often.

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  8. TexasT

You. Out. :hitwithrock:

9. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I, for one, LOVE Texas Toast!!! It's one of those great gifts the state of Texas Graced our heathen breakfasts with, allowing us to get the rest of the gravy, without using our FINGERS!!!!!

10. I have to agree with Scotty on this one, I love texas toast especially for breakfast with some gravy and sausage.

11. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

Did ya'll know you can't get steak fingers at any Dairy Queen east of Texas? I discovered this by accident when I was jonesing for them in N.M. a couple of years ago. I've also NEVER seen Lone Star beer anywhere but Tx.

12. snuffysmith

snuffysmith G&G Newbie

A case of long-necks and any texacan will be happy as a hog in the mud. LOL

Snuffy

13. this is no joke

texans are being displaced right now as we speak

i give you the root cause of it all

[​IMG]

**** explorers

14. I bought 2 half gallons of Blue Bell Old fashion Vinella Saturday to put on top of Hot fudge Brownies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I made a coke float today Har har haaaarrrrr
    Snuffy ain't it past yore bed time cuz ???

15. snuffysmith

snuffysmith G&G Newbie

Hey AH, yeh it's past my bedtime but if I go to bed too earily, I sometimes wake up in an hour or two and then I'm up for a couple of hours. Have you ever turned on the tv after midnight? I play on the 'puter till I get sleepy again.

Snuffy

16. Hmm Some Opa's sausages and Country Boy's Brats, Van de Walls salsa, chili petines, a case of long necks and a box of mesquite chunks. (well that'd keep me pretty happy fer a bit!

17. mosquitofish

mosquitofish G&G Newbie

beer with a long neck will make them happy.

18. musicmaniac

musicmaniac G&G Enthusiast

Big Red is here in AZ too. I love that stuff! We've got the Blue Bell ice cream too.... Tasty... You guys are gonna make me have to take an early lunch! If anybody is ever in central Phoenix looking for a good meal, go to the TexAz grill. It is just a small hole-in-the-wall restaraunt/bar, but they make some of the best food and are known for their chicken-fried steak.

19. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    blue bell isnt regional, you can get it most anywhere, and lonestar is available outside of texas (just no one else drinks the ****). some of you texans really need to get out more!