Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A maneuver to revive a bill that would allow concealed weapons to be carried on college campuses surfaced Wednesday in the state Legislature. College presidents were scurrying to contact senators and urge them to vote against the legislation, which could come up as early as Thursday on the Senate floor as an amendment to another bill.

More...

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Hope the Senators will stand up for the protection of our students and vote for this legislation.

·
Premium Member
18,722 Posts
I don't know about permitting guns on campus. I know about the shootings on college campuses of late but still think our schools should be gun free zones.
I know personally of a minister who has a carry permit and carries a gun, even on his pulpit. I would never attend his church as I wonder who he's pissed off that he needs a gun and what would happen if that person/s came in during a church service.
Maybe I'm being idealistic but schools and churches should just be out-of-bounds for that kind of stuff. Then I look at inner-city schools with armed police at their doors and I just wonder.......WTF?

·
Registered
899 Posts
I don't know about permitting guns on campus. I know about the shootings on college campuses of late but still think our schools should be gun free zones.
I know personally of a minister who has a carry permit and carries a gun, even on his pulpit. I would never attend his church as I wonder who he's pissed off that he needs a gun and what would happen if that person/s came in during a church service.
Maybe I'm being idealistic but schools and churches should just be out-of-bounds for that kind of stuff. Then I look at inner-city schools with armed police at their doors and I just wonder.......WTF?
I would be thinking that the minister is carrying at the pulpit in case he has to defend himself against an anti-religion nut rather than a former parsihoner. Think what would have happened in Colorado last year when that lunatic started killing people in the church or church sponsored event ( I forget exactly) and fortunatley there was a retired LE officer there and armed, she stopped the lunatic from killing more than he did.

As to schools, well we are talikng colleges here not grade schools so there can be no CC by students at the latter. I don't have any problem with college students wanting to CC, they are after all adults ( most of them).

·
Premium Member
18,722 Posts
I would be thinking that the minister is carrying at the pulpit in case he has to defend himself against an anti-religion nut rather than a former parsihoner. Think what would have happened in Colorado last year when that lunatic started killing people in the church or church sponsored event ( I forget exactly) and fortunatley there was a retired LE officer there and armed, she stopped the lunatic from killing more than he did.

As to schools, well we are talikng colleges here not grade schools so there can be no CC by students at the latter. I don't have any problem with college students wanting to CC, they are after all adults ( most of them).

I know. I'm just saddened that it's come to this. I've had a CCW since 1974 when I got out of the service and have no problem with people getting one, but just a little disillusioned about carrying guns in church and schools.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ideally Schools and Churches gun free would be good, but what happens when someone pulls out a gun and starts shooting? Schools and Churches aren't gun free and won't be. The only defense against someone that starts shooting people is someone to have the power to stop them. The only effective way that I've seen that works best is another person with a gun. Here's something that I think every CC holder has thought about. What would you do in a crowded area if someone pulls out a gun and starts randomly shooting people? If you don't stop them you, your family, your friend, might be next and you would wonder why you didn't stop them the rest of your life. If you do try to stop them, you might accidently shoot someone that also has family and friends. I hope none of us is faced with this type of situation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts