Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
More Jackson ,South Carolina Bob Cats.

These two Cats will soon meet with a Ruger 10 /22 Rifle and the CCI Velocitor 40 grain Copper Plated Hollow Point .If allowed to stay on this 500 Acres of Property they will Destroy the Quail & Turkey Populations that has just grew in the past two years due to the fact , I have wiped out the Feral Hogs & Coyotes Populations Killing well over 40 Coyotes and Over 350 Feral Hogs in the past year. So the Turkey & Quail Populations have grown quite a bit in the past two years .Turkey & Quail are ground nesting Birds the often become the victims of Feral Hogs , Coyotes , Bob Cats , Fox and other predators like ****'s ,Opossums , Armadillo's they raid the eggs from the Nest and will eat the chicks. To Date there are 4 Bob Cats & Two Coyotes on the property I hope to take these out before April the Spring Gobbler season starts and the Turkey & Quail will be nesting in late April.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #7
Found some property farther north. Jaidyn n I scouted it three days ago. Cut bobcat and fox tracks, along with deer, mice and rabbits. No coyotes. Saw a wolf running along side the road before first light so will be on my toes.
On a side note, I have a thermal scope coming for night time calling. Told Deb she can use it to watch the creatures in the woods behind our house after dark as well.
C69BFFCA-45FE-4DF5-921E-8860EBDD228F.jpeg
83DA2689-FCEA-47B6-9BDC-8CC8AE5404D4.jpeg

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #8

These two Cats will soon meet with a Ruger 10 /22 Rifle and the CCI Velocitor 40 grain Copper Plated Hollow Point .If allowed to stay on this 500 Acres of Property they will Destroy the Quail & Turkey Populations that has just grew in the past two years due to the fact , I have wiped out the Feral Hogs & Coyotes Populations Killing well over 40 Coyotes and Over 350 Feral Hogs in the past year. So the Turkey & Quail Populations have grown quite a bit in the past two years .Turkey & Quail are ground nesting Birds the often become the victims of Feral Hogs , Coyotes , Bob Cats , Fox and other predators like ****'s ,Opossums , Armadillo's they raid the eggs from the Nest and will eat the chicks. To Date there are 4 Bob Cats & Two Coyotes on the property I hope to take these out before April the Spring Gobbler season starts and the Turkey & Quail will be nesting in late April.
I should put out a couple game cameras as well. Pretty neat pics.

Wonderment :)
Rambo: Sir; 馃榿 snowbunny creature on the prowl 馃槣
don鈥檛 be freezing 鈥淛aidyn鈥橰ambo鈥 馃槆.
Nighttime full skies can be brutal 馃
even; without a breeze 馃憤

Registered
I should put out a couple game cameras as well. Pretty neat pics.
These are Tasco Trail Cameras cheap at $28.00 a pop I purchased 7 of them they are not the best but not bad for the money they are made in Communist China . I could not find a USA Made anything :mad: . see my review table top review on the TASCO 8MP Trail Camera set up and operation with wild game photos captured on trail camera sd card.

Registered

Registered
I killed a bobcat years ago but, haven't killed another since. I've seen several over the years while hunting but, haven't killed any. I kill every coyote I see though.

Registered
I killed a bobcat years ago but, haven't killed another since. I've seen several over the years while hunting but, haven't killed any. I kill every coyote I see though.
Most of the time I give the BOB Cats a pass if their population is low . I only killed these three because they were close to a large covey of quail and two flocks of turkey . But I don't give a coyote a pass I put a bullet in his head or shoulder I' ve even dropped a coyote at 100 yards plus with a .22LR and scored a kill shooting him just behind his front shoulder the .22 exited leaving an Nickle sized hole the Ammo was the CCI Velocitor 40 grain Copper plated Hollow Point .I have taken Large & Medium sized animals Feral Hogs 300 & 400 Pounds at 60 yards over bait and Coyotes beyond 100 yards. Not bad for Rim Fire .22LR .The Majority of the time I like to use .223 50 Grain FMJHPBT Ballistic tip ammo in my Remington 700 Tactical Bolt Rifle.

Registered
I used to get some cat pics on trail cam.
I think their population is thinning out in certain areas as their Habitats shrink due to building and urban sprawl .It don't bother the Coyotes or Racoons they are at the door steps of many housing areas looking for Pet Food .When they can't find the pet food soon small pets become their targets for food source .Missing a small Dog or Cat chances are a Coyote got them and they ended up a big steaming pile of coyote scatt. The Bob Cat is not like a Coyote and the fewer of them there are I tend to give Bob Cats a pass. But a Coyote never gets a pass. He gets a body shot !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts