close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CCI Velocitor- REVIEW

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by mec, May 22, 2002.

1. mec

mec Guest

2. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

If this "article" is for real, it makes me wonder how CCI did it. Sounds like a +P+ loading to me. How does it function in semi autos? Not all of us shoot .22s from revolvers or bolt actions.

3. mec

mec Guest

Review is absolutely for real. -the only kind I do. I read a post on anothe board saying that the round functions well in his particular semi-auto. No reason why it shouldn't as the bullet looks pretty much like a standard long rifle.

All I know about the loading is that the charge weighed 1.7 grains which was exactly the same as a CCI green tag I pulled and weighed. Paco Kelly said that the non canister powder in this one has a higher nitro content but I don't know where he got the information. He doesn't sit around making these things up though.

4. JohnD

JohnD Member

looks like It could make a good bullet for larger varmin. Some expantion and good penatration.

5. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I will keep an eye out for a box. Despite my skepticism, I do like CCI/Blount ammo.

6. mec

mec Guest

Since Klaus took it upon himself to call me a liar in regard to this round, a number of people have reported similar results. They also report good functioning in .22 autos. One shooter clocked the round at 1125 in a 4" 617.

7. we got some into the gun shop a week ago I took some out to the range on sunday(yesterday) I was able to croni it at 1195fps out of my ruger MKII slab side target modle 6 7/8" bbl (five shot average) it function flaulesly with over 200 rnds fired.
    It averaged 1205fps out of my ruger 10/22 and functioned just as well with 200 rnds fired.
    I tried it in my remington 541-T and got an average of 1235fps with 100rnds fired and no problems. I really liked this stuff.
    I can't awit to try it on a chuck or two.