close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CCW for 100 degrees outside

Discussion in 'CCW' started by Logansdad, May 13, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

If it is 100 degrees outside....and you want to Carry your concealed weapon...what would you choose ?
    I like the Smith & Wesson model 638 snubby (aluminum frame stainless .38 Special humpback bodyguard
    5 shooter) in a pocket holster with five rounds of 129 grain +P Hydra Shoks :fuss: :rolleyes:

2. E-9

E-9 G&G Newbie

My concealed carry is a 1911 and in 100 deg I wear a Nice "T" shirt and a deep concealed belly rig. Works for me.

.......................................E-9 ..........................................................

3. E-9

E-9 G&G Newbie

Opps..............with shorts, that-is.

...................................E-9 .....................................................

4. Colt Gov't Pocketlite .380. Very very very light and fits in your pocket. oh and 7+1 capacity.

5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

MY TAURUS MODEL 85 PORTED, POLISHED STAINLESS .38 WITH FACTORY RUBBER GRIPS. LOADED WITH SPEER LAWMEN.

6. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Colt Defender with Crimson Trace grips. I wear it in one of those waist puoches with the easy pull-open zipper. Good Shooting! Eric

7. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Glock 27 (baby glock) .40SW. That's what I carry off duty (and as a back up on duty). It's quite often over 10 degress where I live. Never had a problem.

8. FireStar

FireStar G&G Newbie

My Combat Customized FireStar .40S&W with Winchester Black Talon's... carried in a Cordura Nylon holster that's positioned at a 45% angle, approx 6" left of my belt buckle.

9. ScottD

ScottD G&G Newbie

I like my S&W 36 .38 Special, "Chief Special", round butt, 2" barrel, with Carol Special Agent Rosewood grips. Then I stoke it with hollow points +P. I bobbed the hammer and it fits nice in a inside the waist band holster or back pocket.

10. Well, guys lets get a woman in here! I qualified with 2 guns on my CCW a S/W 9mm and a .38 specia. I did not feel to comfortable with the .38 and was also having trouble with the cylinder lining up with the barrel. I now carry a Beretta.380 model 84f 3 3/4" barrel and I loved it.... until I shot a glock.!! Now, I want a new glock !!! MissSharpShooter

11. Mr.Scott

Mr.Scott G&G Newbie

Taurus Model 85 Titanium(13.5 oz.),2"barrel,.38 special,ported,Matte Gold finish,rubber grips,Glaser frangible .38spl. ammo,in an Uncle Mikes LH IWB worn in the small of the back configuration,under a loose fitting light shirt (no T-shirt) with tails out.

73 from Mr.Scott

12. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Either my Backup .380 or 9mm derringer.

13. Tracer

Tracer G&G Aussie Dad

Smith 649 .357 in my front pocket.
    Why are you folks carrying a .38?

jerry likes this.
  14. 870shooter1

870shooter1 G&G Evangelist

Tucson
    XD45 TACTICAL, 5.25 bbl, and full magazine in the gun, and at least one full magazine for reload. Carried in a leather belt slide, covered up with loosely worn collared, button down shirt , with cargo shorts.

Bad guys still acting up in summertime.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Kad Skirata and CountryBoy like this.
  15. Jay

Jay Old man, No tact... Staff Member

I carry a 1911 in all weather. Consistency pays. I just drape a "T" shirt over it, and go on. My holsters have a sweat barrier to protect the gun. :usa:

Last edited: May 13, 2014
    Kad Skirata and 870shooter1 like this.
  16. GSFixit

GSFixit Curmudgeon In Training

PA
    S&W M&P 9 full size year round. Summer just means I wear a t-shirt with an oversized, short sleeve button shirt (unbuttoned and untucked) over it to cover instead of a sport coat or jacket.

Kad Skirata and 870shooter1 like this.
  17. variolamajor

variolamajor G&G Evangelist

If it's not too hot I have a Galco leather belt holster which will hold my CZ sub-compact quite nicely and as others noted I wear a light overshirt which I purposely buy a bit large to cover. I also have a small buttpack which can hold my pistol as well as my wallet and I simply need to clip it around my waist and go. Perhaps not the most "stylish" - but functional. I also have a .22 magnum derringer which will fit nicely in one of the small pockets of some cargo shorts. I bought a small screw top match case for camping and put a D-ring clip on it and it will hold 8rds of CCI 40gr JHP Maxi-Mag ammo and simply clips on to a belt loop. o_O

18. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I'm wondering, what would be better. A metal frame or a polymer frame in very hot weather. I'm guessing polymer, and I do not like polymer guns.

19. a 12 year old thread...

and my ''100 degree carry'' is same as my ''0 degree carry''

my attire changes but not my pistola