Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what is the range test is like for the CCW in NC? how many shots at how many yards and what not. thanks

·
Registered
980 Posts
Depends on the instructor, there is no pass or fail in this part. it is more to dimenstrate you know how to safely use the firearm.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a time limit on how long you have to apply for the CCW after you take the course? Little strapped for cash here lately so applying for the CCW might be in the future.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You have to file within 90 days of completing course if you live in Mecklenburg stand by to wait 4 to 6 weeks for your appointment to be printed ($90) and fill out paperwork. they have 90 days after that to decide at least in my "wonderful" county! Good luck

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Depends on the instructor, there is no pass or fail in this part. it is more to dimenstrate you know how to safely use the firearm.
+infinity

It was all about safety. Not accuracy. Which did worry me a little. A chick in my class passed and couldn't hit the target a 7 yards. wtf?

·
Wonderment :)
33,567 Posts
Qualify

Gunny: Sir; have the rules changed? 5 Years? was the original rule to apply before you had to re-test. {my information i.e. Dan Stark} {April @Pro-Bass} Gunny: Sir; my son took the class a couple years ago and hasn't applied for his CC in Charlotte. We may need more to the information.

ander254: proficiency safety and symbolic targeting is how I saw the range.

Having done mine; with my son; we qualified in Charlotte, 7 paces [21ft]
We had the opportunity to qualify with 'semi' and revolver 50yds each.

Since that time I have gone with friend and friends for moral support. Each "instructor" has used different distances. nothing greater than 7yds. Safety was and is the greatest qualifying priority.

Simple rule; don't get bogged down worrying about any part. Listen to what is said in the 'class' :LISTEN: carefully: GRAY AREAS reign supreme.
Shoot enough at 7yds until you are comfortable. Practice SAFETY at each and ever turn.

It just might be me standing beside you:) and I sure as hell:bigeyes: don't want to get hurt:no1::no1::no1:

·
Registered
37 Posts
The law that iunderstand in NC is you do not have to retest for renewal IF your permit has not expired. they recommend to start process 6 months early for reisue. For renewal you need to go to you wonderful Sherriff off, fill paperwork and pay (which is main reason for renewal.) they are looking mainly for change of address and if you still live in county. of course if you move it is your responsibility to inform them.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah from what my folks told me, their class was merely for safety and not about marksmanship. From what I heard, there were more FTF than anything with many people using old/cheap guns/ammo. My dad's Sigma was passed among a couple people to qualify with (all friends of the family).

·
Wonderment :)
33,567 Posts
qualify

ander254: Sir; should you be getting ready to qualify: Get some decent ammo. :) Have an Pen or pencil when you do the class.
I don't believe I saw anyone 'sluffing' off at the range or class.
Like the man said: ""DO YOUR BEST" and be the best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts