Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just got my ccw aplication in the mail. man they got more paper work here than you would have buying a house:D looks like it should go ok though!!the lisense fee's are 50 bucks and the training course is 50 bucks. now i just got to come up with the 100 dollars.

does anyone know what type of traing course is involved??like what do you have to do to pass .i never took one before and was wondering what it consisted of.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
Ohio's is going to be 12 hrs total...10 classroom...2 range time...and pass a written exam. Good luck bro. :gangster:

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just contacted a guy on the list they sent me and he talked like he just needed to see me shoot. he told me that when i was ready just call him up and he will meet me at the range. and that was it i am gonna call a few more people but 3 of them on the list have thier phone number disconnected. it would be nice if all i had to do was go shoot my gun:D i hope it ain't alot of shooting involved my neck starts to give out after about 100 rounds with my .9mm. and my .44 is even less.

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hit what the 10/9/or 8 ring. or is it a body target.and how far away?????

·
Registered
8,921 Posts
in TN they are liberal enough on the qual to say on the human target anything hitting in the black is good ( That means arms legs and hair would be passing)- just remember that if you are shooting x ring on the qual like I did to throw a round -- it will help if you are ever in the court room

in TN the range is 3, 7, 10, 15 yards

and if you are ever in the court room the response to the questioning why you fired more than one round is, " I continued firing until I there was no longer a threat" I have been told this by D.A.'s in CA and TN

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank's guy's i sure hope it's a body target. man that would be easy shooting.

G

·
they only did a 6 month background check on me back when I got my first Georgia License.. when I moved to Alabama I turned my Georgia License in to the local sheriff's office and had my new Alabama license about 10 minutes later

G

·
tommy said:
well i just got my ccw aplication in the mail. man they got more paper work here than you would have buying a house:D looks like it should go ok though!!the lisense fee's are 50 bucks and the training course is 50 bucks. now i just got to come up with the 100 dollars.

does anyone know what type of traing course is involved??like what do you have to do to pass .i never took one before and was wondering what it consisted of.
did you ever get your license ? :hmmm:

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no money's to tite right now but i still got the kit all filled out. all i have to do is just the finger print and the shooting and then mail it off. but they cut my checks in half and food and lights are more important .lol. hopefully in about 3 to 4 months i will have it sent off.

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i think it is around 50 bucks for a two year lic. over here. it might be a hundred i am to lazy to look at the paper.lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts