Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, just took my application into the Sheriff's Office today. Electronic fingerprints AND inked fingerprints. The electronic machine didn't like my hands apparently. Maybe it has something to do with the streetlights going out at night when I drive passed them. HAHA.

Anyhow, I can't wait to get my permit! August 29th can't come fast enough! Time to sign up for the Advanced CCW class I guess. Never too much training.

Almost had to go out and confront someone with my gun the other night. 1:00 am, some guy is bashing on the neighbors door in the apartment next to mine with the claw end of a hammer. They were arguing about something. But, if he got in, no doubt he woulda tried to kill those people. He made himself bleed all over the door that is how much he wanted in. The door is gashed from the hammer, none go all the way through, but almost... So, I waited calmly, listening. I was only going to go out there if I heard him break through the door completely. Luckily the doors here are made of steel. Idiot though...he could have much more easily made it through the wood wall next to the steel door...DUH! Especially with the business-end of a 7-lb hammer.

·
Devil's Advocate >:)
7,445 Posts
Maybe he was drunk.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Dang..ya gotta wait and take a class?....here in Bama its like getting a drivers license...walk in, fill out a fbi check form...pay yer $25..snap a photo...and walk out with your shiney new CCW (They call it a "pistol Permit" but its the same thing and honored in about 20 outther states.)

Its really cool when you walk in the office and see it filled with little old ladies and such..all carrying heat!

·
7,445 Posts
I'm taking my CCW course Thursday. It's about 90 bucks, there's fingerprinting, pics, and other such signing my life away to the government. Then there's my shooting test. At least range fees are included in the price.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
**** dudes...my CCW class was a private (govt. approved) class and it cost me $225. Then $100 to CBI (Colorado BI) and $52.50 to some other investagative organization. Not to mention the 4 page application, you have to prove your residency not only with a driver's license/ID, but with a Landowners letter (if you lease) or a phone bill or whatever. Then there is the original copy of the CCW Class certificate you have to have, signed in blue or red ink by the instructor. LOL...quite the ordeal. Then, it is 90 days for approval and issue date. Lucky dogs, all y'all...hah.

·
7,445 Posts
They must really hate guns where you're from.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Colorado, not quite sure...

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Dang..ya gotta wait and take a class?....here in Bama its like getting a drivers license...walk in, fill out a fbi check form...pay yer $25..snap a photo...and walk out with your shiney new CCW (They call it a "pistol Permit" but its the same thing and honored in about 20 outther states.)

Its really cool when you walk in the office and see it filled with little old ladies and such..all carrying heat!
here you stick it down your pants and you're good.... assuming you can legally own the firearm

·
Registered
630 Posts
In Indiana one has to fill out a 1 page form in carbonless triplicate, give your fingerprints on an FBI “10 card”, pay $50 to the PD and $75 to the state, then wait 8 to 12 weeks for a little PINK card to come in the mail. Now I can carry for LIFE in Indiana. (and other states the honor my “Personal Protection Permit”)

-UR

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
CrazyIvan why wasn't the police called ? The thread reads the guy spent enough time trying to break in for the cops to get there.
No offense,but did he leave to return again or was he arrested ?

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
The new Indiana Lifetime CCW is pretty nice, now I don't have to renew every 4 yrs. I know a lot of anti gun groups really bashed Indiana for doing this, the Brady bunch had already given the state a "D" for the lack of a training course and no high fees. I would guess that will change to an "F" now. I guess there are pros and cons, but it never has been a problem that I know of..
------------------------------------------------------------------
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
the brady bunch grades states on things that are covered by federal law and acts like the states need to do something about it

i was reading their site thinking i could buy a gun at 16, because that's what alaska's state law is

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I know that here the CCW costs around $100 and is one 4 hour class and the background check and fingerprints are all done at the shooting range.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You all are lucky...NC has to be about the most stringent program out there. 150$ class fee, 8 hour class, plus range time to qualify, 90$ permit fee, 3 month wait to prove you haven't been in a mental istitution. I will get mine in august...can't wait because I do not want to get in trouble with the law for just having my pistol in the wrong place in my car. The good thing about NC permit is that it is the most recognized permit in the country. That makes it worth the trouble.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
You got hosed on the class price. Classes go from $75 to $100 normally here in NC. $125 is the highest I have seen. From what I have seen online, the NC permit is no more recognized than most others.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
I'm paying $120 for mine at a local gun shop...not looking forward to that...but the ability to carry I don't mind the fee.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CrazyIvan why wasn't the police called ? The thread reads the guy spent enough time trying to break in for the cops to get there.
No offense,but did he leave to return again or was he arrested ?
I called 911, they hung up on me. (all the more reason to have a gun...do you really want to trust the cops are gonna show up before you get killed?)

The neighbors must have called them. They showed up about 10 minutes after he left the second time. (plenty of time to drown in your own pool of blood)

Then, it was funny, the next morning, I get a knock on my door. It was building security and a Detective. I opened it and he said: "So, you had your window broken last night?" I was like: "Um, no...it happened next door." His response? "Oh, well we have your apartment number on our form." I told him: "Well, go look at the door right there, it is gashed & has blood splatter on it." lol... He said, "Oh, OK." then he asked me if I saw the guy and what he was wearing, I said yea, from my balcony when he was down in the parking lot yelling at them, and when he ran by my door, I saw him out of my peep hole. Told them general description, but could not describe his face in detail.

So, if you need help, you call 911, right? And so, IF they don't hang up on you, IF they show up in time, and IF they show up at the right house/apartment...you MIGHT still be alive.

Glad I got a gun.

Sorry it took me so long to respond, I haven't checked this thread in a long while.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts