CD BC Muraco MFG.

Discussion in 'Charles Daly' started by alleyyooper, Sep 7, 2018.

1. alleyyooper

alleyyooper G&G Evangelist

Michigan
    Bought my wife a Chariles Daly 20ga. OU a while back. didn't know the chokes on the thing but after buying a computer and getting the internet I found it is choked full and imp. Mod.

It was made by the BC Muraco company in Japan most likely near or at the transtion time to makeing Browning shot guns.

At first I was shooting it and didn't care one wit for it has injectors instead of extractors and being a reloader that was a big minus.
    So it was only shot a couple of boxes of ammo by my bride and has sat in the safe clost to 15 yers now.

I got it out about a month ago to shoot sporting clays with at a new club we have been going to. The birds there are fast the fastest ones I have ever seen. they get out there very quick and the tight chokes on the CD make me look like I know what I am doing. I have also learned to break the action and move my hand over the ejectors and neatly catch the hulls.

So I found a CD 12ga. OU BC Muraco built and bought it. It is choked full and mod. this shot gun also makes me look like I know what I am doing even better. Birds don't just break into pieces it smokes them. Shoot a phesant with that thing and will have to do a lot of probeing to remove at least an ounce of shot.

:D Al

jerry likes this.
  2. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

Miroku
    they built many Winchester and Browning guns over the years.
    they even got in trouble a few times for high grading the wood to put on their own brand name guns [which were browning and Winchester guns just not stamped as such]
    they were capable of very high quality work when they chose to do so.

jwrauch likes this.

3. alleyyooper

Michigan
    The 20ga. Developed a problem today shooting clays. Bottom barrel fired as it should have but the top barrel had to have thr trigger pulled a couple times before it would fire.

Going to remove the stock thios afternoon and give the fireing mecs. a real good cleaning and oil it up good.

4. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    ^following.

5. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I have a Charles Daly O/U 12 gauge I bought about 7 years ago. I got 6 choke tubes with mine, two of each. After using it in the field and woods a few times I did not like the heavy weight of it and is thicker than most other shotguns. Also its so stiff to open. I load my others and open/close them with one hand. The CD is very stiff to open. I bought a new import from Turkey and less money but much nicer. The new import one is lighter, thinner and opens very easy

6. alleyyooper

Michigan
    I like both the CD'S I have been shooting. But they are older ones made before removable changeable chokes.

I think it is just a issue with some residue in the trigger mec,

7. alleyyooper

Michigan
    I am having a problem betting the stock off. there are two screws or nails in the trigger guard. I really don't think they are screws as the slots just are two fine for even the smallest screw driver to get a grip on.

Any Ideas. It is Part number 2226B
    [​IMG]