Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I new to the forum and need help...

I am about to purchase a new rifle (7MM-08) this Friday and need some help. I had my mind made up last week with the Remington 700 CDL “Boone and Crockett” special issue – 24” bbl ($700) until I visited a local Gander mountain and saw a nice “Gander MTN special issue” Browning A-bolt Classic Hunter – Stainless – 22” bbl -on clearance for $699. I really like the feel and look of each of these. My question now is about quality. I know Browning’s reputation and I hear that the Rem. CDL’s with the new X-mark pro triggers are top notch…I came across this web site which has the (Deluxe) CDL compared to the Brwning. medallion’s and the Classic hunter in the standard class…

Chuckhawks Recommended Centerfire Hunting Rifles:
Bolt Action Deluxe Rifles
  • Browning A-Bolt II Medallion, White Gold Medallion
  • Remington Model 700 CDL, CDL SF
  • Kimbers…
  • Sako’s…
Bolt Action Standard Rifles
  • Browning A-Bolt II Hunter
  • Browning A-Bolt II Stainless Stalker
  • CZ 550 American
  • Remington Model 700 BDL
  • Savage Model 14/114 American Classic
What is the Quality difference between these two rifles? Does anyone have either or both that can help in my decision? Thanks for the quick reply.

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
Either gun would be great, they are both of exceptional quality, the Remington would probably offer slightly better accuracy, though.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Theres another one you ought to check out and that is the Remington SPS rifle it looks nice too.
I just bought a ruger Hawkeye and have'nt shot it yet, you might want to check them out. I own 5 Remingtons already, so i wanted something different so i sprung for a Ruger, but you'll never be disappointed with a Remington. Don't forget to check out the Remington SPS...A.H

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi , I've owned Remingtons and brownings. in fact still own the Brownings, now don't get me wrong the remington CDL is a very nice rifle, but the Brownings, bedded and floated out of the box will out shoot that Remington every time.

·
Premium Member
15,286 Posts
The Chuck Hawks info is dated. This is before Savage came out with Accutrigger. You can't beat the out-of-the-box accuracy of a Savage and the trigger is great too. I am a member of Guns and Shooting Online and I assure you that most on that forum would pick the Savage over the other two. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Savage makes a supreme rifle. I get 1 MOA shooting South African surplus ammo, out of my 10FP.

However concerning between a Remington and a Browning, I'd say Browning hands down. There are lots of little perks to a Browning, that Remington doesn't possess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts