Center point ++++

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by wigmaster0, Nov 7, 2007.

1. wigmaster0

wigmaster0 G&G Newbie

In case any of you have seen the center point scopes and wondered about their quality here is your answer. I recently purchased one at (where else) Wal-mart. 69.99 and worth twice as much at least. I have gone through 800 rounds through my saiga .308 with both bi-pod and shooting stick without any need for adjusting the optics. The red/green reticle is great for either dawn or dusk shooting. The flip covers could be a bit easier to open and close but for the price what the heck. It comes ready to mount with 1" rings and adjusting wrenches. I have used some spendy scopes in the past like Niko, Bushnell, Tasco, Burris all priced anywhere from 100-200 bucks (the nikon was 499.99 on sale) and sure some had slightly larger viewing areas, but for the price this is the last scope I will buy unless I get another rifle then I will buy another one just like it.

2. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

I've never heard of them. Some are going to disagree with me on this, but I truly believe that a lot of the cheap scopes today will outperform the so-called "premium" scopes of yesteryear. Yes there is a lot of junk out there, but there are also a lot of name-brand companies, pocketing a lot of our hard-earned dollars for nothing more than putting their name on a cheap import scope. My feeling is, if it works, and you're happy, then who care's what name is on YOUR scope? I've had really good luck with BSA's and I have a Tasco handgun scope on my M\N M-44 that I used to take two nice deer last year @ 185 and 220 yds.

3. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

I definitely agree with that.

4. billy

billy G&G Evangelist

a secret lab on the shores of lake titicaca
    ive got a BSA that i like a lot.$80 thats cheap for glass!

wigmaster ,
    how thick are the crosshairs on that scope?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  5. wigmaster0

wigmaster0 G&G Newbie

The cross hairs while not illuminated are prominent without being obstructive. While illuminated the thickness increases as the brightness increases. While illuminated at lowest setting the crosshairs have the same thickness and at full illumination the crosshairs double in thickness. More info go to Center Point Optics : Rifle Scopes & Hunting Scopes

6. skulker

skulker G&G Newbie

Center point scope

I just bought one from walmart too. Have not had a chance to test it. The external fit and finish is great!! I like it alot. Seems to be a bargain for the price.

However, there are bubbles in the glass in the lense just in front of the ocular lense. I thought it was dirt at first, and was cussing the chinese for having dirt get inside a scope. But when I got better light, and examined it closely, they turned out to be little bubbles. Wierd. They go out of focus at higher power, but at 4X you can see them quite well.

Where does this scope come from? I suspect the same china factory that these Leapers scopes come from. Take a look.
    OPTICS

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  7. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

The ones I looked at are over 200 Bucks....on sale
    Rich

8. skulker

skulker G&G Newbie

200 dollars for a centerpoint?

9. pearlandfred

pearlandfred G&G Newbie

Centerpoint at Walmart

I bought one of the centerpoint 4x16x40mm AO at Walmart the other day.
    They are made by Crosman air rifles not by Leapers. It's the Adventure Series. It's an airgun scope which takes more abuse from springer airguns due to the reverse recoil. I really like mine. No issues so far. holds zero really well. Very clear glass, shooting .5 center to center at 20 yards. using a gamo varmint hunter air rifle with JSB predators and crosman destroyer pellets. They say you can use them on rifles. I was going to get another and maybe mount it on my weatherby 22-250.

10. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

Okay folks, I put a Centerpoint 4x16x40 on my Savage 12FV in .243, the scope has held up flawlessly, with about 230 rounds down the tube. It's a great scope for the money.

11. JAldrich2008

JAldrich2008 G&G Newbie

I'm thinking about getting the 4-16x40 scope for varmint hunting with a Savage Model 93 in .17 HMR. Would this be a good combo?

12. billy

billy G&G Evangelist

a secret lab on the shores of lake titicaca
    sure i am a big fan of adjustable scopes.
    ive got a 6x24x on my .22l.r.
    and a 6.5x25x on my .308

13. madasaxton123

madasaxton123 G&G Newbie

Centerpoint Adventure Class

I also bought an Adventure class 4x16x40 from wal-mart..... Was wondering about this scope at first before I mounted it on my gun. I took it home and out of the box and was impressed at first glance, good sturdy build and functional. I mounted this scope on my Ruger .30-06 and took it out to the range. Set up my target at 45 yds and shot 5 roundsof 160 grain federal rounds, 3 of 5 that I took my time to shoot hit in the bull of my target, the other two shots i just got antsy. Ha. Good scope for the money I would reccommend someone to at least try it out, hey if you dont like it take it back, Wally world will give you your 70 bucks back no questions!

14. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

Just curious, are those bubbles visible when looking through the glass or just when you look at the glass? i have a scope that has a speck on the objective lense but it's not visible when using it.

15. madasaxton123

madasaxton123 G&G Newbie

Bubble on lens

Not sure as to that..... I bought a centerpoint and there is no bubbles on mine. sorry

16. roverboy

roverboy G&G Enthusiast

I need to check these out.

17. Rimjob

Rimjob G&G Newbie

Well I've now heard a couple of folks talking about $200+ Centerpoint Scopes. I thought surely it was a typo but sure nuff:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/CenterPoint-8-32x56mm-Riflescope-Illuminated-Reticle/dp/B000PS4CQA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1217541086&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Crosman Centerpoint Power Class 8-32 x 56mm Riflescope with Red/Green Illuminated Reticle: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

I've already got the 4-16x40 and absolutely love it!!
    Hasn't budged since I zeroed it in!
    And while I didn't purchase it b/c of the illuminated reticle, they are pretty nice for shooting at dusk.

18. RimfireSpaz

RimfireSpaz G&G Addict

I bought one today..mounted it on my Marlin model 60...From what the guy at wally world told me, he has got GREAT feedback on it..so I got it for 50.00 buckaroo's. I put the battery in, and looked at the Illuminated Crosshairs...I must say BADASS!!! I cant wait to sight it in tommorow!!! Im really happy to hear the good things about it, I was thinking yeah, I prolly got screwed..but well see. I doubt that will be the case...radical dude!!!!

19. jjmdlm

jjmdlm G&G Newbie

Two Centerpoints

I have 2 centerpoints. Bothe are 4-16x40. Both hold zero and both are great for varmints and plinking. I've shot at least 500 rounds through both rifles--22 and 22 Mag.

So far I love them. And for the price and getting it from Walmart--you can always take it back within a reasonable length of time.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  20. snprtrkr

snprtrkr G&G Newbie

I have a wal mart 4-16x40. It holds zero well and the crosshairs are not too large. I spopped a deer at 260 last year. The scope held up well. I have a buddy that has one on his Savage 10fp and he never has any trouble out of it. He's taken it out to 800 and it has worked very well. I just ordered received their 6-24x50 adventure class scope. It's very impressive for trhe money. I have a Millett 4-16x56 SF that is much heavier and bulkier and is more expensive. If the 6-24 works out I'll look hard at switchinf to the CP 8-32-56SF. It's about a $150 less than a comparible Millett.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted