close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Certificate warning

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by M14man, Nov 12, 2016.

1. M14man

M14man I don't take prisoners... Forum Contributor

Every notification email I now get in the last 2 days about a thread I have posted in comes with a certificate warning. This never happened before and I get the warning from EVERY G&G notice.
    Anybody else? Quite annoying although you just click to ignore...
    I have changed no settings here.

2. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

I had to log back in yesterday evening even though I told the site long ago to keep me logged in, period. It might have something to do with the fact I changed my primary browser to Google Chrome from Safari, however. I can't get into online banking from Chrome, for instance, which is a nuisance even though all I ever do re: online banking is check bank balances.

3. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Not getting this now, but during the "meltdown" G&G had awhile back, I got the certificate warning. Hope that barstage hacker isn't attacking us again.

rando likes this.
  4. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist

Alberta
    Lately, I've been getting security warnings often - some browsers refuse to connect due to security concern. Something is amiss.

5. SUBMOA

SUBMOA G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

It's the Russians !

6. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

I liked the notifications.
    But I am NOT getting the email notifications anymore. They stopped around Christmas time. But today I am getting huge bp and other ads.

7. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I was having the certificate warnings both times. The second time was a few weeks ago and could not connect at all after a few hours. Tried to fix and no luck. That laptop still will not connect. I had to buy a new one Christmas eve. I still have to get the other repaired. Please don't let that happen again.

8. Txwheels

Txwheels G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

This what I was saying right after Christmas. All the warnings were about security and for 2 days I couldn't get either one of our computers or our Ipad with any of the 5 browsers we have to log into G&G!

9. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

I haven't had any kind of certificate warnings or any other pop ups on my Android phone, however I did get a certificate warning on my new computer tower. I'm running Mozilla Firefox browser so it gives you a few choices. If you choose Continue Anyway, then choose Add Exception and hit OK, you can continue on without any other certificate warnings from that website

10. M14man

M14man I don't take prisoners... Forum Contributor

Not getting the notices that forums I posted in have no content.
    Stopped awhile ago.

11. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist

Alberta
    I keep getting security notices and warnings that this site is not safe; and from more than one browser. This is new since the Crash of '16.

Is admin sure this site is secured?

12. Txwheels

Txwheels G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Good question. I get them periodically too on 2 of my 3 browsers.

Rocky7 likes this.
  13. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Last week I received a few warnings.
    But this week it is good to go.
    Also wanted to say,
    THANKS, for bringing back the email notices! :)

14. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Yep I am.

Big Dog, Rocky7, Jay and 1 other person like this.