close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CETME or L1a1 ?????

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by GomerPyleUSMC, Aug 18, 2002.

1. GomerPyleUSMC

GomerPyleUSMC G&G Newbie

Which one should I purchase ?. L1a1 are $100 more than Cetme's, but they seems to be a better quality piece.
    So... which one do you recommend and why. thank you very much.

2. SteveG

SteveG G&G Newbie

Omaha
    Dude,

tough call, as you know, both are great guns. I just got mine about 2 weeks ago and love it. I have had no problems with my CETME. My wife likes shooting it too.

I suggest that you look at the availibility of spare parts, mags, accessories, etc and go from there.

If that fails, filp a quarter and call heads CETME and Tails FAL and buy the rifle that "wins". Either way, you can't loose.

Steve G in NE

3. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    I personally believe you can't go wrong with a CETME. You can always fix it for CHEAP! I have never heard a bad thing about them either. JMO tho. Good luck and Good Shooting!

4. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

CETMEs are VERY hard to find replacement parts for, and not all the parts are even on the same specs. If you want parts availability and interchangeability, a FAL/L1A1 is absolutely the way to go. There are far more accessories available for FALs. But CETMEs are cheaper, and if you can have them repaired at low cost, great. If you want a scope, definitely get a FAL, or pay a little more and get a G3 with aluminum receiver and built in rail (you'll pay as much to put a mount on a FAL or CETME).

5. WyrTwister

WyrTwister G&G Newbie

FAL with an Imbel receiver . But you will pay more than for the current crop of Century CETME's or Century FAL's .

Wyr
    God Bless

PS I own both .