close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CETME, Sticking Bolt

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Tinman, Mar 31, 2002.

1. Tinman

Tinman G&G Newbie

Picked up my Camo CETME yesterday, today took it apart and cleaned it real well. Had problems getting it back together.........Thank God for you guys on this web site.
    Got it back together.........Now When I rack the bolt back it sticks open, all you have to do is tap the butt on the floor and it slams home. Anyone else have the problem with the bolt sticking open, any suggestions about the cause?
    thanks
    Tinman
    :D

2. Tinman

Tinman G&G Newbie

sticky bolt

Thought you guys might like this on going story.
    E-mailed CAI about my sticky bolt problem. Yes, they responded to my e-mail today(4-2-02)
    their reply.
    "Sorry, there is no short of finding out exactly where it binds (could be the hammer or the ejector), and polishing or replacing part. There is not much you can do. you can have the dealer call customer service at 800-527-1252, and check to see if the gun is still under warranty.
    Jennifer 02-Apr-2002 11:18:19

Thanks for using Century Int'l Arms Help Desk

So today I'll call the dealer I got the weapon from and see what he'll do.
    let you know more later
    Tinman
    :confused:

3. MWDG3

MWDG3 G&G Newbie

Do you know about the break in period? Many times, new owners have had to dry cycle the action 50 to 100 times, then give it a good lube job. It gets better and shouldn't take but another 50 rounds down range to function properly.

Just an idea. HTH

4. Tinman

Tinman G&G Newbie

Ok MWDG3, I'll give it a try and see what happens.
    thanks
    Tinman