close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cetme

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Tinman, Mar 24, 2002.

1. Tinman

Tinman G&G Newbie

Saw one at the gun show this weekend in Camo, $450.00. How bad a deal can that be? How well do these shoot? Others have told me they are a hit or miss, but I read a very good write up.
    I can order one from SOG for $369.00. Someone who has one of these please give me a range report.
    thanks for your help
    Tinman
    ;)

2. bigcurt

bigcurt G&G Newbie

pa
    i got mine from wholesale guns about 2 months ago,it's the ss receiver model,i've fired around 200 rounds thru it and haven't had any problems with it firing or feeding ,very low recoil with the roller locking system,and looks wise it's one of the nicest weapons i've bought for quite some time,as for accuracy i don't do a lot of paper shooting with my semi's but she'll ring the gong at 150 concistantly,but she's a battle rifle and you get flyers with any rifle ya shoot,and she'll only shoot as good as the shooter!

3. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 Retired Moderator

Note: Recoil is low, not just because of the action, but because of the muzzle brake. The tradeoff is that it's the loudest son-of-a-biscuit you've ever touched. And it's even louder to bystanders, because they get the shockwave.
    I was shooting my G3 on sandbags on a picnic table, and it blew the leaves off. My friend was spotting for me, and it blew his scope off too. I was firing another time, and between my friend and I, we eventually blew the rifle's case off the edge of the table.
    I love my G3, just know what you're getting into. I got 1.5" groups at 120yds last weekend, and have only been shooting a year, and this is the first time I've whipped out the Winchester Match. I'll probably get 1 MOA with more practice.

4. Ordered mine from SOG in February. It is 5000-series, with the stainless cast receiver. Had problems with mag fit, but other than that she feeds and ejects every time. Good accuracy, considering the sights and my lousy eyes. The wood had some scratches, dings and discoloration, but I was able to clean it up a lot with stripper, sandpaper, stain, finishing oil and fine steel wool. I have heard some real horror stories about the CETMEs coming from CAI lately (they seem to be running out of decent parts kits), so I consider myself lucky I got a gun that didn't require a lot of work just to function properly. If I were to buy another one, I don't think I would order it sight-unseen. I would try to find one in a shop or a show, so I could give it a good once over before I put my money down. That $369 quote from SOG doesn't include S&H, FFL's fee, tax, etc. Mine came out to $495. Wish I had a buddy with an FFL. Also, CAI now seems to be making the CETMES with a Hesse-type stamped receiver that lacks the scope mounting pads. Something to consider...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2002
  5. Tinman

Tinman G&G Newbie

Thank you all for your replys, just a note to let you know that I'm picking up a Camo CETME Saturday morning. Got a nice load of mags from Tapco. Does anyone know where I might pick up a scope mount for the CETME.
    thanks again
    Tinman
    :D

6. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 Retired Moderator

I think they'll take the regular HK mounts. There are a few options out there, try www.cdnninvestments.com . I've heard of people drilling and tapping the receiver. Professional installation of a weaver rail may be the most cost effective option. I've heard some of the HK scope mounts lose zero. I prefer the FA-91 or SAR-8 receiver with the integral weaver base.

7. You can get a B-Square mount from Cheaperthandirt.com or CDNN Investments. There is an Airsoft airgun mount that is a dead-ringer for the HK claw mount. There have been good reviews of it, but it will require some fitting for the CAI CETME.

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store.html

8. Tinman

Tinman G&G Newbie

Take a look at my post under CETME jamming.
    Tinman

9. Tinman

Tinman G&G Newbie

I'm sorry I ment under CETME sticking Bolt.
    Tinman