Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
23,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember that. A full page ad in color. Featuring a gentleman wearing a suit and tie, holding a shotgun, standing in a field, with a big grin. I thought it was kind of cool, the man dresses up to go hunt the wabbits.

I tried to find the ad but so far no luck! Google has a lot of ad pictures, but not the one I want.:(

Reactions: jerry

· Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
37,465 Posts
The only Charles Daly ad I found remotely similar is this one.....

Text Paper Parallel Poster Paper product

Reactions: PAPA G and jerry

· Registered
23,328 Posts
I have some old 1940s and 1950s rifle and target pistol ads with guys wearing suits. Remington did a whole series pre-WWII featuring men smoking pipes and wearing suits. If I remember right there was generally a guy wearing more casual clothes showing off the gun for the suited guy.

If we drop the requirement down to sports coat and/or shirt and tie, that covers half of the American rifle ads up to the mid '50s.

· Premium Member
23,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOOOOOW!!! my thread died long ago, and has been resurrected from the dead!!!
Thanks guys!!!

:);):cool::D:confused::usa2::usa2::usa2:

Reactions: jerry

· Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
37,465 Posts
Johnny, I'd give a small part of my anatomy to have a couple of those BSA Martini rifles! I have 4ead of the .310 Cadet rifles, and have long wanted one chambered for 7.62X38r. That would be so cool!

Reactions: Johnny_Revolver
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.