Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been seeing them around for awhile now. Does anyone here have one or shot one?
If so how do they perform and what kind of accuracy are you getting?
...........and yes I did see that they offer one in 7.62x39 :D Though it's the fancy model :hmmm:

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I have a Zastava ( which is what the chas daly is ) mini mauser ( which isnt a mauser ) in .223... The action was as scratchy as anything when I first got it, but with a lil work with wet and dry and some steel wool, about a weeks worth of cycling the bolt in spare time, also a bit of tetra gun grease it isnt half bad. I get the idea I could sling a hand full of mud in there and it would still work. The 7.62 x 39 Chas Daly isnt exactly pin point accurate due to the silly rifling twist it has but would be plenty good enough on pigs and the like. I think I`d pick the .243 though, if I had to buy another one.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't heard much report about the 7.62 Mini Mausers. Tried to find more info, but go nothing. Is your Mauser new production, or did you buy it a while back?

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
bought it last year... I be thinking someone imported barrelled actions from zastava ( like Charlie does ) but we have either a synthetic stock like I got or a beech looking one. We got the mini mauser in .222, .223 and 7.62 x 39, and the mauser in .243 and not sure what else here in Australia... The august 2005 issue of GunWorld has a fairly comprehensive article regarding the 7.62 x 39 mini mauser, and states the less than perfect accuracy is down to the 1:9.75 ( !!!!!) twist. Prolly harks back to the 1890`s when the ruskies were using 220 grain slugs..The author seemed to warm to the rifle, he apparently owns a Charlie daly `real`mauser in .308. He also said the action was quite nice out of the box, mine wasnt at all really, but since I put in some time on it, I actually love my .223 to bits. I am left handed shooting a right handed rifle so I`ll never cycle that bolt too fast, but it needs to be fairly smooth or I`ll tie it in a knot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts