close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Charlton Heston

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Snakebite, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I cant believe I'm the first to post this. Heard it on the news about our hero Mr. Heston saying he has Alzheimers disease. They showed some great videos of him holding up a rifle and saying "they will get my guns when they pry my cold dead fingers from them" Man, this really stinks. He's the best NRA spokesman we ever had. I'm really shaken with the news. I wish him well.

2. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

I enjoyed all the movies he made. He was a great actor. I especially enjoyed the movie, "Ben Hur". And he made plenty of other top notch movies, too.

Our prayers are with him in the months/years to come.
    Oxford

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I agree, this is very sad...

My prayers are with his family.

4. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

well old charlton is getting up there in years, we all have to go sometime, im sorry it has to be like this for him, he brought the NRA back to respectability, and millions of new members, god bless you Charlton, they will have to pry my 7mmmag from my cold dead fingers

5. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

The local news ran a lead into this..but at first I did not belive it was true...my prayers are also with him and his family. He has defitnely made a diffrence. Of course he is not gone...there is still a lot of fight left in that dog...least the gun grabbers forget.

6. HONOR

HE IS NOT GONE LETS HONOR HIM WHILE HE IS STILL HERE AND CAN SHARE OUR BLESSING OF HIM.

DANA

7. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Charlton Heston is my President!! I always hope Tom Selleck will get deeper involved with the NRA and become Prez someday!

8. Charlton Heston would have made a great Pesident of the United states as well. After all, he is a better actor than Reagan too! Seriously though, my prayers go out to him and his family. As anyone familiar with this disease knows, it is a very difficult way to lose a loved one.

I say hang in there Chuck! Keep praying; miracles DO happen.

9. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

I am very sad to hear this. I have the utmost respect for him. I wish him and his family the best and our prayers are with him.
    Joe, I agree with you 150% about Tom Selleck. I think he'd do a great job, too. After all, he did stand up to Rosie and make her look like the a** she REALLY is....

10. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Rosie does a good job of making herself look bad without any help. Tom S.'s fame just got more people to notice.