Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for revolvers without the internal locks. Charter Arms had a few guns that were what I was looking for. But when I went Google to look for reviews. I got reviews that said they were total crap while other said they were a good gun. Some said the older generation guns were better made some said the new ones are better made.

Has anyone in the G&G community had any experience with there guns? Any info as to there quality in recent years?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've never owned a Charter Arms but I have fired one years ago that was an older model for law enforcement called a Bulldog with a 4 inch barrel. It was a really fun gun to shoot and seemed every bit as capable as any other .38 special out there. It was the first handgun I'd ever fired. The only negative thing I've had involved with a Charter Arms revolver was the day my uncle chose to make it the last handgun he'd ever fire.. but life is full of ironies like that. From what little I know, I'd have to suggest getting an older model with a 4-inch barrel. You'd get about as good a deal on that as you would an old Rossi. I just took my sister shooting with my little Rossi and after all these years, the .38 Special hasn't lost it's charm one bit.

·
Registered
132 Posts
They have a less than stellar reputation when it comes to QC. If you can lay hands on it before you buy, its a plus. Teh triggers can leave some to be desired but cleanup with a littel work.

SW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts