Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,378 Posts
They used to be as reputable as any other. Haven't kept up with them lately. The "Bulldog" sticks in my mind.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,378 Posts
Technology is amazing as what they can do now. They aren't going to hang them selves by putting out products that open themselves to law suits. I'm sure this pistol would work fine as long as 10's of thousands of rounds weren't dumped through it. Highly unlikely in this type of pistol. I imagine it is NOT +P rated (dosent mention)

Can't comment on the Winchester issue, not familiar with it.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Q. Can I shoot +p in my .38 five shot revolver?

A. Charter .38's are the smallest revolvers in this caliber, they can handle +p but we do not recommend a steady diet. Studies have shown that +p ammo is not a great defensive round because the bullet travels so fast that unless a critical area is hit the perpetrators may not be stopped. We recommend hollow points and full metal jacketed ammo as it will open and have a better chance stopping the intruder.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I've had an older Charter .357 Bulldog for many years. I shot about a thousand .38 Spl. loads through it back in the 1980's. I never had a misfire and the accuracy was quite good. I still take it to the range once or twice each year. I like the gun.

K75RT - Thanks for the interesting background on the company.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts