Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where should I go to get some cheap cases of Wolf or something along that price range. I'm interested in .45acp and 7.62x39.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Is 7.62x39 steel core now available since the ban was lifted?
If so get you some. At one time 1200 rds. of Norinco steel core could be purchased for $99 to $110.
I have shot a lot of Norinco and have never had a problem with it.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
Should be able to find plenty of bulk at your next gunshow....I see millions of rounds every time I go.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can someone tell a new gun owner what the difference in rounds is. For example, there are several different types of magtech 9mm rounds. Some say Luger 124 Gr. Some say Luger 95 Gr. And then there are the JHPs and LRNs. What do those letters stand for and what's the difference between all these 9mm varieties? Thanks so much?

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Can someone tell a new gun owner what the difference in rounds is. For example, there are several different types of magtech 9mm rounds. Some say Luger 124 Gr. Some say Luger 95 Gr. And then there are the JHPs and LRNs. What do those letters stand for and what's the difference between all these 9mm varieties? Thanks so much?
Gr. designates the bullet weight in grains which originally indicated a like weight of grains of wheat. I don't know what the equivilant weight was (there is a standard, I'm just too lazy to look it up). JHP's are Jacketed Hollow Points, LRN's are Lead Round Nose, FMJ's are Full Metal Jackets, etc..
As a general rule, fmj's and lrn's are general target\plinking rounds while hollow-points and\or frangible ammo is considered to be defensive\hunting ammo.

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Wait till he sees something like FMJBT, or LRNFP.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Gr. designates the bullet weight in grains which originally indicated a like weight of grains of wheat. I don't know what the equivilant weight was (there is a standard, I'm just too lazy to look it up).
Not sure whether this is what you're looking for, but 7000 grains = 1lb; or for the metric-oriented among us, 0.0648 grams approx = 1 grain or 1 gram = about 15.4 grains.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
okay ... fishing here for someone whose in the know for the best deal on .308 ... need to make a bulk order of prob 400 or so rounds.

Larry O

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Best deal I have seen lately on mil supr stuff in 7.62x51 has been thru cheaper than dirt with the german DAG headstamp stuff. It is under $90 for a 200 round battle pack. I picked up 2 around a month ago, and it is good stuff.

·
Premium Member
9,757 Posts
I BUY FROM MIDWAY SOMETIMES AND THEY HAVE BULK SURPLUS MILITARY FMJ AMMO AND SINGLE BOXES AND ALSO ODD MILITARY AMMO. i JUST GOT A CASE OF 8X57 AND 7.62X54R [440] ROUNDS FROM WWW.SPORTSMANSGUIDE.COM . I GOT IT IN 4 DAYS UPS.:usa:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts