Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 3 of 22 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, took a little while to get registered.

Noticed the thread here through my referrer logs, and have been itching to chime in here. You see, thats my rifle.

With respect to the discussion let me clear up a few facts. The rifle is a new Norinco SKS-D, purchased for $200CDN (approx $160 USD), the modifications made cost about $175CDN (under $150USD) all in, with the bulk of that being spent on the Tech-sight rear aperature and the red-dot sight. Total project cost was about $375CDN.

As AKs are strictly verboten up here, the SKS really seemed the best option for a project of this kind, the low cost of surplus 762x39mm really settled the matter.

The stock was cut and paste easy, and is documented here. Hardly high tech, but gets the job done.

It's no tack driver, but how much accuracy was I expecting from an SKS?

In the end am I happier with this SKS than any standard SKS? Nah not really, but they say getting there is half the fun, and this was an interesting experiment with some of the many aftermarket parts that are available out there. There is a certain element of pride as it's a unique looking example of an SKS when I pop by the local range as well...

· Registered
3 Posts
Pred said:
My whole point was that I disagreed with the owner of that gun when he said he build an inexpensive firearm.
As stated, the rifle cost about $375CDN +/- when it was all said and done. Considering the cost of some of the rifles in my cabinet, I think thats fairly inexpensive.

· Registered
3 Posts
iflylow74 said:
Mugwug, welcome to G&G!! Im in the process of copying your paint job on my sks(hope ya dont mind!). BTW, I love your blog!
Thanks for the welcome guys, nice forum ya got here! Copy away Ifly, post some pics when you've painted up your stock, I'm always curious what tips and tricks others have for this sort of thing.

Why reinvent the wheel, no?

1 - 3 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.