Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have made up my mind 100%
i will be going with this savage: Savage Arms Package Series Model 10GXP3
but, it will be the synthetic stock version, and it will hopefully come close to being a tack-driving .308. I already have my ammo picked out! I am really psyched about the accutrigger! Tell me what u think about that gun and let me know

·
Since 03-15- 2002
28,207 Posts
I have a Stevens. Great gun. The accutrigger with the Savage tricks it out nicely, along with the better finish, definitely worth a few more bucks.

·
Premium Member
30,730 Posts
ive got the 10-fp and am very pleased.
i did a lot of looking at buyers comments before spending a dime .
and im glad i got this one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have been a remington guy my entire life...but over the last year i have bought 3 savages...a predator in .22-250, 12abt in .308 and i got my wife a model 11 youth in .7mm-08. all three have been great and surpassed all expectations. the predator is definatly a shooter!

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
My .22-250 BVSS is absolutely a phenominal weapon.

I have the Bushnell 4200 Elite 6-24X40 scope on it.

I put a Harris bipod on the thing and with it sitting ten inches off the deck the muzzle blast is something to behold! It kicks up dust like you wouldn't believe for a small bore. He he he he. :approve:

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
I currently have 3 savage rifles, a .223, a .17HMR and a .22LR. I love them, and think they are a great value for the price.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Righ on Dale. I got the 12 VLP in 22-250. It has the SS fluted barrel with the 12 twist. Sporting a a used Leupold V-III 6.5X20, it shoots as good as I can bench it. Clay birds at 360 yards is a piece of cake. What makes this a good rifle is it's consistancy! Rod

·
Premium Member
30,730 Posts
so far with my handloads that are acceptable i am averaging around 1/2 MOA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
:) I have a Savage Model 11 in .308 with walnut stock and a Nikon 3-9x30 scope. IT IS A TACK DRIVER!!!! Mine is a 2001 model (before accu-trigger). It came with a Bushnell scope that would not stay zeroed when transported on my ATV so I purchased the Nikon (Pro-Staff). Marvelous combination.

I've had my gunsmith shorten the stock (lop) to 12 1/2" and I couldn't ask for a better deer rifle.

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
Savage has matured to be a very solid

company with an ear to what the customers want and can afford. Amazingly, Savage along with Mossberg has decided it is important to offer
the best possible blend of quality and affordability.

This sets it apart from some firms who seem to believe what they offer is what the customers should struggle to obtain.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Some of the best out of the box rifles made.

In the past year and a half I've purchased a Cooper, T/C Icon, Savage Model 12 and 2 Savage Model 14's. The Savage rifles hang right in there with more expensive rifles and have proved to be a great value. The accu-trigger is the best thing since sliced bread in my opinion.
I sold the Model 12 only because it was too heavy for my purpose, sporter models work the best for me and Savage is fast becoming my favorite gun maker.
Thanks for the article it was enlightening.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy!
This is my first post on here and I wanted to say that Savage rifles, IMO Savage Rifles are some of the most accurate rifles on the market for there cost! I have a Mark-II and just love it!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Been home 5 minutes from my gunsmith who installed a Leupold variable power scope on my brand new Stevens 200 in .223.

I have always been a 1911A1 shooter and Glock has always been my CCW. I needed something new and interesting in my life (that I could handle) and I think the Stevens with the nice scope is my first step in the right direction.

Doc

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I think i need to buy a savage. dang my list grows again...actually idk i just know i want a rifle in 25-06 at some point and was leaning howa but may end up savage lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a new Stevens 200 .223 short fitted with a 6-24x50 scope, Green laser & a barrel mounted flashlight. The first live target was an adult rabbit, with the pull of the trigger the rabbit was blown to bits, and the exit hole as big as your fist. Best to use this weapon on foxes & ferral cats. My shooting mate couldn't stop laughing when I hit it, he said it flew in the air 6 foot before it rained rabbit bits.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts