close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chicago OKs Use of Mexico ID Cards

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by colt45, Jun 23, 2002.

1. June 20, 2002

Chicago OKs Use of Mexico ID Cards
    ASSOCIATED PRESS

CHICAGO- The City Council has approved use of identification cards issued by the Mexican consulate that supporters say will give undocumented immigrants better access to financial and public services.

With Wednesday's vote, Chicago joins a small but growing number of major cities, including Los Angeles, to validate the ID cards. The cards allow bearers to open bank accounts, borrow library books and use other services.

"Our economy couldn't exist without the hardworking Mexican nationals who come here," said Alderman Edward Burke, who introduced the ordinance.

Critics say recognizing the cards amounts to the city's sanctioning illegal immigration.

"They are breaking the law by being here," said Dan Stein, executive director of the Washington-based Federation for American Immigrant Reform. "And the city is helping them break the law."

--

OK I'M TOO PEEVED TO EVEN COMENT, HERE YOU ARE YOU TAKE IT FROM HERE.

2. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

See Hablow El Loco...ok I got to learn spanish now

3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Muy grande p i s s i yosoed offo!:jaw:

4. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

What a (manure)head!!!!!

5. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

I agree with this!

Let them use the cards for whatever they want, make a note then call the INS and give them that bus ticket!

You thought I was going to support this a&&hole didn't you? I bet he is a democrat pandering for the votes from minorities. Does anyone know?