close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chinese 20-round fixed mags

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Sutro, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Sutro

Sutro G&G Newbie

They look awfully authentic, but are they? I've never seen a picture of a soldier carrying a SKS with one of these, and I've never seen Chinese military surplus parts marked "Made in China" as these are. And their quality assurance (some work fine, some turn a SKS into a jam-o-matic) seems too spotty for military use.

Are these military manufacture, or are they for civilian aftermarket sales?

2. Wolv314

Wolv314 G&G Newbie

I only have one personal experience with one. After I cleaned off all the preservative (which was not that easy to do), I installed the mag on one of my Chinese SKS's. Well, it did not work, I mean the bolt would not even cycle with the mag in the openned position. The feed lips were angled too high, and the follower was poking out between the feed lips. I hope someone else had better experience. Personally, I'll stick to the factory ten rounder.:cool:

3. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

All of the "miltary surplus" from China was produced for commercial export. It's not true military, but it IS surplus. The 20-rounders are not military. The SKS was designed with a 10-round mag, and I would much rather have a 10-rounder that worked all of the time, as opposed to a 20-rounder that only worked part of the time. JMHO

:)