Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is a Chinese SKS in pretty nice shape, but missing the bayonet worth $165?
I paid a lot more for my Russian, but it is a '54 Tula non-marked beauty.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Missing Bayo

You can get a bayonet for about five bucks!

My Norinco is a pawn shop fugitive which I gave $150 for, and it was rusty and dirty.

$165 ain't a bad deal, I think........

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
I would say so. All the prices I've seen on the internet are about the same price, but they're always a Yugo. All the Norincos I've seen are upwards of $200. Just to make you jealous. I bought mine off my brother for $100 and it came with three 30 rd mags, and about 200 rds of ammo. Yes, I'm quite proud of myself!:09:

Oh btw, this was less than a year ago!

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
It would have to be in pretty bad shape for me not to buy it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would buy it. I paid $250 for my (i think) unissued Yugo. Maybe could have got it a little cheaper but from what I've seen $200 and up. Found this today. Thinking real hard about doing. So maybe out of three I get one for or almost free. Still checking missing parts prices to see if it worth it.
Chinese SKS Kit - This is a combination of new original Chinese parts and a used Chinese barreled receiver assy from the old days – Missing parts: Trigger housing assy & magazine assy – recoil spring guide assy, rear housing, and piston extension – At this price you can scrounge up the rest of the parts at gun shows, etc. Featured is a new wood original stock and handguard. Original new bayonet included. There are probably $150.00+ in new parts in this kit alone... $124.95, 3 for $349.95

·
Registered
111 Posts
Be careful about installing the bayonet, as they were off the later imports due to ATF. Don't know if it is legal to add one back now, but it used not to be. Only needed a bayonet once, personally. Killed a rat that was trapped in a bag of dog food. Stupid cats just looked at it. Had to kill it myself. Used a 91-30 with that long sticker. Worked great. Tossed the rest of the dog food, rat and all. But I would check with the BATFE office before installing one.

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, if I buy the SKS, I will probably install a bayonet in lieu of the bayonet allan.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
You need to go look at gunbroker and see how much SKS's are going for these days. ANY SKS for under $200 is a good deal. ANY SKS for $250 is ok.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The point I was trying to get across is that it was illegal to install the bayonet on the Chinese SKS. Has to be the silliest rule that I have ever seen. I have a Russian and Romanian WITH the bayonet, and Chinese post ban without. Thought it would be nice to put one back on before I found out that I could get into trouble over it. For the life of me, I can't figure out the thinking on this one.

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I meant install a bipod in leiu of the bayonet. Really have to be careful on whats legal and whats not!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Yes, $165 for a good chicom now days is a pretty good price. A local hock shop has a mismatched kinda grungy one for $195.
However I got lucky at a local gun show last weekend and got a matching chicom in Exc cond for $140.
You never know what you will find.
Sarge

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,676 Posts
If it's without a bayo, don't install one. I believe alan is correct on this. they do make some nice bi-pods that fit the lug, at least as Iv'e seen in books.

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
My son has a Norinco, I believe, without a bayonet. Can he put a bayonet on it without law-troubles. We live in NY. He paid $220 for it, with a couple of boxes of Banual thrown in.. Thanks

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey 22, I do not believe you can add a bayonet. Not positive, but if they were removed I believe they have to stay off. Due to some ridiculous law.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts