chinese sks

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by mtncrash1, May 3, 2008.

1. mtncrash1

mtncrash1 G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

Just got a chinese and was reading on wikepedia about the sks as i know nothing about them but am learning. it says that serial numbers over 9,000,000 were have the spike bayo and under have the blade. Mine is under and has the spike. all numbers are matching including the stock what variation is this.

2. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Congrats on the new SKS, and just in case, WELCOME to G&G! Does your stock have the correct cut out for the spike bayo?

3. check out "YOOPER JOHN" his web site has lots of good info on the sks. does your reciever have any markings on the rt. side? congrats on your chicom sks.

4. Righteous

Righteous Guest

pig sticker came first

5. mtncrash1

Thanks guys. It is cut for the spike and no markings on the right side but left has the factory 306 and 3 characters and then the sn. According to Yooper John it was made in 79.Might explain the shape it is in.

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  6. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

This thread is worthless without pics:hitwithrock:

:smirk: We really like pics

7. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I read on one of the SKS data sites that the serial number thing ONLY pertains to Factory 26 - the original producer of SKS carbines for the Chinese military. When considering the various other factories, many small provincial makers, anything goes! Oddities show up all the time.
    In any case, '79 is far too late for it to be a military gun - it was likely made for the commercial market, like Norincos.

8. mtncrash1

I would give pics but cant figure out how

[​IMG][​IMG]Here they are.

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  9. marion57

marion57 G&G Newbie

Not exactly norinco was also a importer of military rifles I have a 1957 chicom that has norinco as importer

10. Farmer

Farmer G&G Regular

I had a chinese sks back in about 93 and it had the pig sticker.

11. res45

res45 G&G Addict

China North Industries Corporation (NORINCO) is an enterprise group engaged in both products and capital operation, integrated with R&D, manufacturing, marketing, and services. NORINCO mainly deals with defense products, international engineering contracting, optronic products, chemical products, sports arms & equipment, automobiles and logistics services, etc.

Introduction

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  12. marion57

marion57 G&G Newbie

+1