close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chipmunk?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by oneastrix, Jul 22, 2002.

1. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Saw one recently and was interseted in picking one up for my boy. Anybody know anything about this tiny little .22?

2. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Iv'e seen one in the gun store. seems to be of decent quality. I started my son out on my Rem 514. this was a bit long in the stock. I think the Chipmunk would be good. I'd focus on safety features for the son. Dosen't reallly need to be a pretty tack driver like dad's guns ;)

3. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I have a Savage copy of a stevens Model 30 for him, but it will be too big for several years. I think the chipmunk will be excellent for him a a young age, and I like them being single shots to start on. He will have to do everything manually, right down to removing the spent brass after each shot.

4. CHIPMUNK ALL THE WAY

IN THE PAST I HAVE HAD TO FAIL HUNTER SAFTY STUDENTS BECAUSE THEY COULD NOT HANDLE STANDARD YOUTH GUNS. SAW A CHIPMUNK WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT AND GOT ONE TO TRY. NEVER HAD TROUBLE WITH THE GUN AND ALL STUDENTS COULD HANDLE IT WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS. THEN I GOT 12 GUNS AND IT IS THE ONLY GUN I USE WHEN THEY FIRE IN THE SAFTY COURSE. I HAVE TRIED SOME OF THE COMPITION AND THEY ARE LONGER AND NOT AS LITE. I CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH FOR THE CHIPMUNK AND ADULTS GET A CHARGE OUT OF USING ONE . NO STOCK IN THE COMPANY BUT CHIPMUNK ALL THE WAY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA++++++++++++YOU CAN NOT GO WRONG.

DANA

5. dave375hh

dave375hh G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Ohio
    My son's godfather got him one when he was 8 months old I have the pic's. Shot it a ton and still looks like new. My son says he plans to give it to his son someday. Great starter gun as it must be manually cocked each time. The person doing the training can always tell when the gun is cocked or not, and they shoot well enough to give a young shooter gratification when they do well.

dave375

6. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Check out the Chipmunk web site, and you'll be surprised at the new offerings! A heavy-barreled target rifle, with adjustable-length stock and adjustable trigger. A .17HMR! And the .22WMR. Wood, laminated wood and synthetic stocks.
    On one of the custom stock company sites, I once saw offered a full-manlicher stock for the chipmunk. Lot's of possibilities here.

7. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I've wanted one myself just for a little toss around gun behind the pick 'em up truck seat for a squirrel or rabbit on the run.

8. NRAJOE

Big dog, whats their website?

9. Mike the JAG

Mike the JAG G&G Newbie

I bought one for my daughter. She likes it and shoots it very well. It is a good quality rifle.

10. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

11. NRAJOE

Thanks Big Dog, fer sure.

12. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I like the Henry version

13. dave375hh

dave375hh G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Ohio
    NRAJOE,

The chipmunk is very small, and a normal sized adult would have a hard time shouldering it and seeing the sights. I tried and couldn't do it, it's just too short. You'd be better served with a scoped .22 handgun behind the seat of the truck.

14. NRAJOE

Oh, okay, I've only seen one but never handled one. Maybe that one rifle that breaks down and stores the barrel in its buttstock. AR-7 I think it's called.

15. jerry

USA
    Ran across a Henry add. Fine looking long guns indeed. Yes Joe, AR-7 The mini bolt youth is a looker logansdad.
    I haven't been there but the site is
    www.henryrepeating.com

Oh, American made too ;)

16. jerry

USA
    Henry Photo

Nice rifle

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007