close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chip's new site...

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Jesse, Apr 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

2. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Jesse,
    Handled like a true gentleman. You and Chris have done a good job. I actually think the two can complement one another in an odd couple kind of way. Hey, some folks shop for socks at Wal Mart some at Kmart. Somethimes both.

3. allright!!!!!!

new site looks super cool!!!, like old G&G!!:cheer:

4. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Jesse: This doesn't all add up to me. From what I could tell as a bystander, it seemed that several attempts were made to make Chip and Lars welcome on this new forum. Why go off and start a competing forum adding the words "outcasts" to their new forum? They were't outcasts. They were clearly welcomed to this forum. They moved on and that's life but I don't understand why/if they consider themselves outcasts.

Oxford

Last edited: Apr 9, 2002
  5. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    you ever have that gun that shoots pretty good but you don't show it off a lot? then theres that one that's pretty as heck and you want to show every one. It's not a real accurate anology, but the two issues have something in common. Pride of ownership.

6. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

New site better

I never liked the way the old site would indent after every reply. It was ok for a small topic but the larger discussions wasted alot of space and was too busy. I did prefer the home page of the old site to the new one bc you saw all the forums on one screen(without scrolling). I prefer the new layout better as it appears more uniform and neat. I wished we had a better color scheme than that of a prison (ha ha) but I like the way thinks are now.

Hope Chip and Lars continue to be a part of this site.
    :stupid:

7. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Unless I'm on serious crack, weren't Chip and Lars and the others the founders of this site? I thought Chip had issues that just made him unable to supervise the forums. I certainly don't think anyone did anything to make them feel unwelcome on their own site, except the occasional troublemaker, who we'd all gang up on in support of them. I thought it was they who set the tone, not the ones who get pushed out. Something seems off here.
    Maybe I'm just young and naiive.

8. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Yes, they claim they were outcast, and people on this forum were out to get them and that the site was taken over by "democrats". I think they may be living in some alternate universe or something, because I have been a longtime fan of this site never saw any of that.

9. Tober

Tober Firearm Aficionado Forum Contributor

I never saw that either, and I wonder why they think that now....

I don't think Jesse is a "democrat" either, just because the posts I have read. I thought Lars had a lot of knowledge, I wish we could have learned more from him.

Well I guess if they feel that way, then they do.

But I think Jesse has done a great job!

10. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

Democrats?

If this site was taken over by Dems it would no longer exist!

11. Jesse

Guys, I am forever in debt to Chip for giving me the opportunity to take the reigns of this website; he was very helpful to me and up front about the amount of time and effort it takes to keep a webboard running. I think what we all have to remember is that we are all from the same group: gunowners, 2nd Amt. supporters (which is a right of the individual by the way). We get nowhere and accomplish nothing by getting upset over petty issues that two weeks from now we will look back and consider nonsense. I wish all the members of GunandGame.com(present and past) well and I apologize if I've upset anyone.
    Just for the record however, I am not a Democrat nor is any member of my household.

Jesse

12. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Jesse,well said. We,as gun owners,can not allow pettiness to get in the way of our common goal.

13. lyon

lyon G&G Newbie

klaus, you are a trouble maker!!!!!! They never claimed any such thing.

14. Jesse

OK, I'm closing this thread because their site has moved. Chip and I are working out reciprocal links between our sites. I'm going to open a new thread with the link in this forum and when we reciprocate the links will reside in our both our Links Forums on both sites if all goes well.

Jesse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.