close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chip's new site...

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Jesse, Apr 12, 2002.

1. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Lars and Chip's Outcasts Forum has moved to Flyinglead.info . I closed the old thread once the move was made to save confusion.

Jesse

2. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Jesse: I've just looked over their new site. It looks just like the old gunsandgame.com format to me.

You are to be complimented on your willingness to link with what I'm guessing will become a competitor for your new gunsandgame.com format.
    Personally, I like your new layout much better because of all the features you've made available. Regardless of your interests you can find the subject quickly and find out immediately what new links/threads have been posted.

In addition you can find the links you've posted and immediately get on with replys if you're interested.

Oxford

Last edited: Apr 12, 2002

3. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Thank you for setting me straight, Lyon. I guess I just assumed that Chip and Lars were talking about this site when they called themselves "Outcasts". I also must have misunderstood when Dewman made the following posts, among others:

"Tell me I wasn't wrong with my analogy of the "Other Fire" .........as having "Too many yuppie Democrats" around it."

and

"And, so.......as the last embers of G & G fire die in a puff of democratic smoke.........I hold my mug high, and say

"Ya **** in yer' nest, me buckos!" "

I see that you are as accurate and informative as ever, lyon.
    Want to try calling me out again?

This is a reply to lyon's last post in the previous Chip's and Lars' website thread, which Jesse closed as I was submitting a response.

4. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Dewman is his own kind of person. I don't think there's anyone in the world who hasn't been ticked off at something he's said. He has a way of jumping to conclusions and saying things without much basis, especially accusing us of being on the other side. I think welcoming him in their website is different from making him their spokesman. He's one of those guys that you love and respect for who he is, not for being right. Kind of like that uncle that says wierd stuff and ticks people off, but is always part of the family.
    When someone says we're full of dems, they might be thinking of the occasional trouble maker that shows up just to poison the water or something. One guy said in a rather robotic manner "please turn in all your guns to be demilled it is the only kind thing to do think of the children the clinton third way is good" or something just as mindless, gramatically unintelligible, and offensive to everything we gun owners believe.
    And once in a while, someone would make a totally senseless baseless accusation... "battlerifleg3 is a communist punk who claims to be something hes not. he has barbara boxer tshirts and algore underwear" or something like that. What REALLY ticked me off about those is that they kept the RE label from the last post and you'd waste time on it thinking you'd actually learn something about AK-47s. They should have changed the post title to "This is totally BS".

5. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I agree. My post here was a continuation of the previous thread, in response to lyon's implication I was lying.

6. Bad Attitudes Are Not Good Company

I don't remenber reading any declaration of war. Why so much talk about those on the other side, as though they are the enemy. I remember when we were friends who sometimes disagreed, but remained unchanged by the results. Some personalities clash and some always will, but mature men should be able to handle that without reverting to the behavioral characteristics of children.:fuss:

7. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Just to clarify, the posts that I quoted were from people who showed up out of nowhere and dissappeared. I respect the Dewman, even though we had our clashes. I'm sad that Chip, Lars and Scott aren't here, the site seems incomplete without their leadership. Glad Hank's still here.

8. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    Well I have to admit after haveing my original post deleted with the Link to the outcast site then seeing Jesse repost the info
    I am proud of jesse
    It appeared to me that there seemed to be some weird animosity
    between Jesse and Chip, and that Jesse didnt want anyone here to find out that Chip had started another site like the old g&g
    and that a lot of the old crowd had started going there again
    I freely admit I had an incorrect opinion of you Jesse

9. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Dennis I apologize to you for that... I wanted to fire Chip an e-mail first requesting reciprocal links and warning him about the amount of trolls that were hanging around the board. The last thing I wanted to do was to have one of these guys (trolls) go over to Chip's board, assume a false identity and cause major trouble for him without me at least giving him a "heads up" and know about the problem. I sent PM's to any member who was having trouble finding Chip's site during this time period and after I e-mailed Chip, I posted it in the Gun Room Forum.
    I just want to assure everyone that there's no "friction" between Chip and myself. Chip has been helpful to me and we are working on reciprocal links if all goes well. Until then, the link to Chip's site will remain in the Gun Room Forum. As I have done before, I again apologize if I have upset or offended anyone.

Jesse

10. No Sweat

Not to worry Jesse. We know that all is well. My dealings with you have been very pleasant and others seem to have the same opinion. So let's not sweat the small stuff. Let's all just worry about big stuff like how much armour is worn under those turbans.