Circle K mark on barrel

Discussion in 'Mosin Nagant' started by pullnshoot25, Aug 21, 2010.

1. pullnshoot25

pullnshoot25 G&G Newbie

Just got myself a '33 Tula M91/30 and it has this funny "circle k" mark on the barrel. Anyone know what it means?

Attached Files:

2. jlb783

jlb783 G&G Regular

I believe it is a point of aim proof but it may be something else because I've never seen one that big.

3. Mosaka

Mosaka G&G Newbie

Ya, point of aim , but that one is extraordinarily large. Maybe means something else

4. kansascoyote

kansascoyote G&G Newbie

That is my rifle < Kevin send it back to me pronto mister .

5. Isn't Circle K a chain of gas stations/convinience stores? Never knew they issued Mosins. :)

6. issued to the "circle k" security force?

7. is that an ex sniper? Open the bolt and look at the breech, if you see 2 plugged holes it is.. I almost always see that make on the sniper rifles..

Seeya
    Mark

8. jmeck

jmeck Scope mount mfgr. Forum Contributor

NC
    Its a point of aim proof mark. Or a former Russian convenence :)store guards rifle.lol :)

[​IMG]

9. Iron_Colonel

Iron_Colonel G&G Enthusiast

That's pretty early for a Tula sniper. It is not accordingly marked with the Tula sniper stamp either a СН СП above the star. But, since it could be very early it's possible it was not marked. There are however some interesting marks on the receiver, and that circle K stamp is rather large. The triangle stamp is interesting as well. Looks like a nice rifle though!

10. Tykim

Tykim G&G Newbie

What does the point of aim proof mark mean?

11. that the bullet hit where it was aimed is the most simple explanation. the more "correct" version will be along shortly.

12. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

It means it is guaranteed to puts them where you aims them.

13. what was the guarantee? a case of vodka or a trip to a far away vacation spot? like siberia?

14. I was thinking the same thing. The 25 in the triangle is pretty odd.

15. Tykim

Tykim G&G Newbie

Does the concentric 00 accuracy mark mean roughly the same thing as the circle K?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  16. TinCan Assasin

TinCan Assasin G&G Enthusiast

Thank you come again!

Or, Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. Don't forget the chips!

TCA

17. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

i think it means its "KOSHER":D

18. MosinMan

MosinMan G&G Evangelist

Doesnt the triangle 25 have something to do with it being german capture or something?