Classic Arms has M-39's!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Grumpus, May 22, 2008.

1. Grumpus

Grumpus Curmudgeon Emeritus NRA Life Member

Opened the http://www.classicarms.us/ website this morning, and they've got a few heavy-barrel M-39s -- your choice of Valmet or Sako B-BBL -- for $349.95. They have also added Steyr M-95s with bayonet for $99.95, if you're into straight-pullers...

This may be one of your last chances to get an M-39, as I've seen statements on several forums that they're getting fewer and fewer.

2. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

I have one, but thanks for the heads up TWM !!

3. M39

The local dealer that I buy most of my gun stuff from has 3 M39s coming in today. Supposed to be in excellent condition. They'll be priced about $10 less than Century, but with shipping and transfer they'll probably be $50+ cheaper. One sold last week and I'm supposed to be 2nd. in line.:scool::scool: If they're not excellent with a wartime stock I'll probably pass. I may check out the B barrel from Century if these from Lew Horton are not what I want.

4. SwedeSteve

Lew Horton usually has good stuff.

5. Paper

Paper I can justify anything. Forum Contributor

Don't forget about Patricia Burns at http://www.gunsnammo.com/
    The rifles on hand change everyday, and the VKT and "no name" rifles that I got from her were both in exactly as discribed condition..
    Very happy with both!!

6. Just a note: The VKT should go for ~$260 on-line. SOG still has a few. I'm tapped out for a while or I would have a steady stream of 39's and 1891's at the door.:sad2:

7. Aviator

Aviator G&G Newbie

I went into my local dealer yesterday to pickup a transfer (waiting on my FFL03 to come) and lo and behold there is a M39 on the rack. Grabbed it for a quick look. Real nice shape, shinny barrel, good wood, good bluing, and the bolt feels good. The markings I guess are pretty standard 1944 Sako with the SA stamp. The pictures on the 7.62/54Rnet don't show the exact layout combination but I guess there were a lot of variations. Best part is the price was $239 so I bought it.

At any rate I can see why they are desirable. I love my various 91/30's that I have but this M39 is another step up for sure. Now, if I can find another....

Aviator

8. That, my freind, is a heckofa deal. Sako's run about $299 and up.

We need pictures. Tiger stipes and all.

9. marion57

marion57 G&G Newbie

The sniper I got as a replacement from classic was suppose to have come from Lew Horton but was R guns marked as was the one that was replaced .One is nice the first one was crap..

10. SwedeSteve

Aviator- Tell us what markings are on your M39. I keep saying, if you just hold a M39, you'll own one!

11. marion57

marion57 G&G Newbie

that is a deal !! I just put my 1940 tula up for sale and if I found a buy like that it would be here !!

12. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

What model is your Tula?

13. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

Tell me more about the Tula....Back off Tex !!! LOL

14. texnmidwest

I'll arm wrestle you for it!:swordfight:

15. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

:buttkick:.....HAHAHA

16. texnmidwest

LOL!! You sure know how to humble a guy. How about...:beerchug:

17. Paper

Paper I can justify anything. Forum Contributor

I wanna!!!!:sad2:
    I really wanna buy this one on Pat Burns site.. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's $299...

But...
    I found out that in two weeks I'll have a one day inspection job in Western PA on a Tuesday.. Flying or driving would be the same amount of time.. I'd be coming home on Wednesday morning.. :bigeyes: I'd be passing the CMP North Store about the same time as it opens..:bigeyes: I need ammo....:bigeyes: I'd like another Garand..:bigeyes: Or maybe a Carbine..:bigeyes: Or both...:bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes:
    Stupid work.. They might as well send me to Cincinnati so I can wander into AIM and SOG while they're at it..:34:

18. texnmidwest

ROAD TRIP!!!!

Your just still sore because I have a Tikka and you don't.:09:

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  19. Paper... why, why, why, why?

I was just over not getting a Sako, and now... crap!!!:)

I will have to go hug my VKT now.