Clay Pigeons

Discussion in 'Shotguns' started by goat roper, May 31, 2020.

1. goat roper

goat roper G&G Evangelist

With part of my Government stimulus money, I bought a new automatic clay thrower. It is supposed to arrive on Monday. Today, I went searching around the house to find my 12 gauge ammo and clays, so I would be ready to try it out. I found only a half box of clays. I went to Walmart to get another box, because the White Flyers are cheap there. They didn't have any! They usually have stacks and stacks of the 90 target boxes. Went to another Walmart. None. I stopped at a Big 5 near the second Walmart. They had....None. On my way home, I went by another Big 5. They had 5 boxes of another brand for about twice the price of the White Flyers at Walmart. I bought 2 boxes, thinking that I would just order more online. When I got home, I started checking around online. Walmart is out of them online. The only places I found that had clays wanted a fortune for them. I guess they are like toilet paper was. Get them if you can. Now!

neophyte and ChaZam like this.
  2. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Wow, I had no idea that they were in short supply...

EDIT: Shows in stock at my closest WallyWorld here in Denton, TX.

goat roper and neophyte like this.

3. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    I have a charity sporting clays shoot to attend in June. Hope it’s not the case. I do have 2 boxes in the shed.

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game

ChaZam, goat roper and neophyte like this.
  4. rswink

rswink G&G Regular

US
    I have just over 1 box, always. I use them for target practice before season, so 10 each rifle tops, last year hunted 3 rifles, use 15 targets.

My son brought 40 targets and popped them all. With his 2 rifles.

My wife used 6 for her 2 rifles.

Maybe I should up the amount? Nope, I pattern shotguns on cardboard and I shoot at birds infrequently. Besides, still have no recipes for clay pigeon.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

ChaZam, goat roper and jerry like this.
  5. goat roper

goat roper G&G Evangelist

I just fry them in a little butter.

Bass Pro Shop website says they have them and they are on sale. Gonna head over there.

ChaZam likes this.
  6. rswink

rswink G&G Regular

US
    Atwood's had 3 pallets earlier, now I am home watching the protests 18 miles away.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

ChaZam likes this.