Cleaning tip!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by SPOCAHP ANAR, Oct 2, 2002.

1. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

I have heard of Jouler's rouge to polish up bolts and other metal pieces on the rifle. I have found a wheel rim cleaner that uses a jouler's rouge design. It is called Eagle One Mag Aluminum cleaner and can be used on all types of metals. Did wonders for that old tarnished Turk bolt.

2. Where can you pick that up at Pha?

Sounds like something I might be interested in.

3. Calvin

Calvin G&G Evangelist

Dale, any car parts store will have it.

4. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

just be careful around the locking lugs. don't want to change head spacing.

5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Flitz is an excellent product too! They make metal polish and gun wax. Your gun will look awesome afterwards! :right:

6. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I got some polishing wheels with my Dremel Tool (now that's a weapon that ought to be registered - it's killed many a fine milsurp in Bubba's hands!) A couple bars of polishing compound from Sears should last me forever. ;)

7. dave375hh

dave375hh Guest

Jewlers rouge in a paste form, called Semi-chrome works great on the felt bobs of a dremel tool or by hand.

8. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Right on NRAJoe, I use Flitz quite a bit. Have to look into this other stuff though....

9. Thanks Calvin.

Duh? When I first read the post I associated the word mag with magazine and then the aluminum thing confused the heck outta me (gun mags made out of aluminum? I thought.....mmmmmm).

10. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Yeah buddy, 1* good stuff ain't it? I'd like to look at the other stuff too. Always open for suggestions!